Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: NJ and PA reciprocity

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Exactly, I was thinking the same thing. I believe NJ has only issues a few thousand per year or less. Unless you know someone or are a cop (retired LEO) there's no such thing in NJ. Heck, it's easier to get a CCW from IL, MD, NY and [even] California!
    I need to review my Sheepdog stuff, but I think I read that many Jersey retirees were having trouble carrying under LEOSA.
    One of the requirements is an ID issued from the original agency of employment, and many agencies in NJ won't provide their retirees with the needed ID.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I need to review my Sheepdog stuff, but I think I read that many Jersey retirees were having trouble carrying under LEOSA.
    One of the requirements is an ID issued from the original agency of employment, and many agencies in NJ won't provide their retirees with the needed ID.
    I edited my last post with a link to all kinds great CCW information.... Who carries, how many, each state broken down, crimes committed by (super low), etc. NJ, has a total of 1800 CCW holder or so as of 2012 numbers...pathetic!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I edited my last post with a link to all kinds great CCW information.... Who carries, how many, each state broken down, crimes committed by (super low), etc. NJ, has a total of 1800 CCW holder or so as of 2012 numbers...pathetic!
    Worthy of a reprint in the thread.
    Mr Lott does it again.
    -----------------------------

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3004915

Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2017

61 Pages Posted: 24 Jul 2017

John R. Lott

Crime Prevention Research Center

Date Written: July 18, 2017

Abstract

There are now over 16.3 million permit holders, a record 1.83 million increase in permits since last July. Nationwide, 6.5% adults have a concealed handgun permit. Outside of California and New York, 8 percent of adults have a permit. Permits for women and blacks are increasing much faster than they are for men and whites. There are also significant differences in not only the number of permits issued but also who gets them when politicians have discretion in granting them. Los Angeles County provides a vivid example of how women and Hispanics are given few permits when politicians decided who can defend themselves. We also provide evidence that death threats don't let people get permits for protection and how incredibly law-abiding permit holders are and how crime rates have changed in the states that have had the largest increases in concealed handgun permits.

(Bucks County)

I know retired NJ officers. They cannot get a LTCF. Here's how it works. Officer active or retired applies for the license. They are required to undergo training to obtain the license. PRNJ (state) official(s) tell the instructors if they certify, and the certified gets sued, the suit could reach to the instructor that caused the licensing, and the instructors would be on their own...i.e. no support from the state. Instructors put in that position won't certify anyone.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GardenGnome414 View Post
    What are your thoughts on PA revoking honoring NJ cc licenses? If they won't honor ours why should we honor theirs? The majority of the cc holders in NJ are political crony scumbags anyway.

Has this been tried before? I wonder if we have anyone in office with the balls to make this happen.
    The whole idea of "Reciprocity" is that each honor's the other's rules.

New Jersey needs regime change in Trenton. I wish we could do something to encourage such a regime change.

(Carbon County)

Permit gotten by ill means or not, I wouldn't want to deny another human being the right to defend themselves with the best means possible just to spite another states lawmakers.

I'd rather PA move in the opposite direction, and allow all people in our state to carry regardless of the status of their local government permission slips. The idea you need a license to practice an inherent right is offensive.

The best way to inspire change isn't to impose penalties, it's to show people how much better an idea can make their lives. Let them carry here and realize how shitty they have it back home, and maybe they'll do something about it.

PA needs Constitutional Carry. Really, every state needs Constitutional Carry, or incorporate the 2A via the 14th Amendment. But we shouldn't deny someone their constitutional rights just because their home state is f!@#ed by progressives.

A rising tide lifts all boats. It's easier to argue that their doing something wrong by denying carry if carry is legal for everyone everywhere else. The more states that have Constitutional Carry, the harder it will be for states to deny it to their own citizens. This was a key argument for legalizing hunting with semi-autos. It was legal in pretty much every other state (except maybe Delaware?).

Other than that, NJ can go screw. I avoid that sh!thole like the plague. They don't want my business, so they won't get it.
    I am not a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I know retired NJ officers. They cannot get a LTCF. Here's how it works. Officer active or retired applies for the license. They are required to undergo training to obtain the license. PRNJ (state) official(s) tell the instructors if they certify, and the certified gets sued, the suit could reach to the instructor that caused the licensing, and the instructors would be on their own...i.e. no support from the state. Instructors put in that position won't certify anyone.
    Or they can go to another state and get certified under HR218
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    Or they can go to another state and get certified under HR218
    HR218 is agency specific.
    If the employing agency refuses to provide the required ID, then the certification is impossible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12