Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: opening day

(Monroe County)

Default Re: opening day

Quote Originally Posted by Karys View Post
    I guess that depends where you're at and how bad the storm is. I'd think the worse the storm is the more they'll hunker down. If you're hunting in thick areas where they go to get out of the weather, it could be real good.

I just checked the weather for my area, which is only a couple of hours west of the Poconos. It's supposed to rain hard on Tuesday but only a few showers on Wednesday and Thursday. The forecast for Friday and Saturday is sunny but cool. I think that's a good thing as long as the wind doesn't come up. Even moderate winds just kills the hunting at my place.
    Awesome they changed it!!!! HOORRRAYYYY! I hate hunting in the rain! AWESOME
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Fayette County)

I was supposed to be in Ohio bowhunting this past weekend, but my brother left to move for Florida today so we had a going away party Saturday and yesterday I helped make sure he was ready to go.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Awesome they changed it!!!! HOORRRAYYYY! I hate hunting in the rain! AWESOME
    Last year the second week it rained all week and me and a freind stalked out a high grass feild and i got a 45 yd shot at a giant 6x6... But used my 40 pin. Missed by about 2" under him he didnt 'jump' the string or it would've been a solid t. most of my shots were in the rain last year. I love a slow staedy drizzle nothing more.
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

the bow hunting was kinda of slow in ohio. the tag stations was slow in my area. still early. next week will be cool. that mite get them moving. crops coming off 3 weeks early that have them meesed up to.

in ohio we are able to carry concealed while we deer hunt if we have our ccw. does pennsylvania allow you to do that. i was just wondering.hope they do.

(Columbia County)

you can cc wist you bow hunt.
    ZRT: SECTOR 3(SNIPER) Among othe tasks...

(Monroe County)

My whole area was planted in Soy :P nothing like pure protein to devolpe some realllly nice racks this year.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    My whole area was planted in Soy :P nothing like pure protein to devolpe some realllly nice racks this year.
    You lucky dog. We tried putting in a food plot last year but we really didn't have the right equipment and it didn't do that well.

We used to do pretty well when there were still some farmers up there, but they're all gone now. They either retired or sold their property off as hunting camps. Nobody is planting anything up there and I think it's hurt the hunting tremendously.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karys View Post
    You lucky dog. We tried putting in a food plot last year but we really didn't have the right equipment and it didn't do that well.

We used to do pretty well when there were still some farmers up there, but they're all gone now. They either retired or sold their property off as hunting camps. Nobody is planting anything up there and I think it's hurt the hunting tremendously.
    we are just coming out of the corn for a few years and then fallow cycle (or however it works) so this is the first time for Soy in a few years. so we have a lot of deer that are finally having a "good year". Deer that at 1 - 2 they were not legal or barely legal (3 point on one side), saw a couple 6 pointers last year but nothing really big so now we have 3 and 4 year olds which are smart enough to know where to hide from the army of Orange and have a LOT of protein in their diet... hopefully it will be a good year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12