Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Mango or Wagner

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Mango or Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    It's not important how he likes his bacon. It only matters that he likes bacon.
    True. I like it anywhere between rubbery and burnt.

(Bucks County)

Again, take it for what it's worth, but Steve Bannon has mentioned that he endorses Wagner. Below is some food for thought... and yes, take it all with a grain of salt depending on the source material.

https://www.mangoforpa.com/is_scott_...e_claims_to_be
    https://www.ydr.com/story/news/polit...2002/31754345/
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    It's not important how he likes his bacon. It only matters that he likes bacon.
    True---we all have a common interest...bacon and guns! Does not matter what kind you have or how you like it, it matters that we support it in our differences!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    If it's crispy bacon, then he's got my vote---I never could trust a "floppy bacon" eater....
    Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    Crispy all the way.
    That's fine with me...keep your booger pickers offa my chewy bacon and you can rest assured I won't touch your cooked to death bacon that shatters on the floor if you have an ooops with it. I can blow mine off and eat it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lebanon County)

I stayed out of this, but think a lot of people should know this about Mango. I was on the fence and had some very specific questions. I posted the questions on his Facebook page. Now I can't say it wasn't one of his flunkies, but the answers were posted from his personal Facebook account, not the "Official Mango for" account, the answers were specific and complete no hedge words, subjects ranged from whom/ where he served as a tabbed Airborne Ranger and questions on civilian ownership of firearms. He has also addressed the tone of the campaign in a direct manner, that no 20 second TV spot can do.

I challenge you (if you have a FB account) to go ask him a question, then ask Wagner the same. Compare and decide for yourself. Bottom line either of these two is better than what's current in the office.

(Chester County)

I think Mango or Wagner can beat Wolf who is a Penn State kiddie fiddlers dream. So far it's a toss up between Mango and Wagner. From what I understand though Mango is running a much better campaign than Wagner and that's been made clear by people posting in this thread. There really isn't much campaigning going on around my area to the point you really wouldn't know a primary is coming up very soon. I would ask both candidates which one owns a Sig and the one that does gets my vote.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Dauphin County)

MANGO, 100%! Wagner is another career politician RINO and Ellsworth is a liberal RINO. Mango is a true conservative who is not afraid to speak his mind. He is the only candidate who is truly pro-gun. If you watched the debate and/or followed Mango, you'd realize every one of Wagner's attack ads are outright lies. During the March 1 debate, Mango was the only candidate who gave direct answers with no hesitation. His quick, clear responses knocked every question out of the park!

Take a look at this 1:18 min video clip of the debate. The candidates are asked a yes or no question, " Will you refuse to accept donations from the NRA?" Scott Wagner has an awkwardly long silent period (wondering what the politically correct answer is), before stammering and finally answering that he would accept donations. Ellsworth says, "Will I refuse to accept donations from the NRA? Yes, and I believe other campaign reform is important as well." Paul Mango responds with a resounding, "No!" (He would NOT refuse donations.) Then listen to the next question, "Should teachers be armed in the classroom?" Again, Paul Mango hits a home run, " I believe every school district should develop a security plan that meets the threats and the needs of that local school district. If that includes arming teachers, that's up to them, not up to the state." (Aka; Get big government out of our lives.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXeP2DZiROM
    Last edited by Norsaq; May 3rd, 2018 at 07:44 PM. Reason: (Spelling)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I think Mango or Wagner can beat Wolf who is a Penn State kiddie fiddlers dream. So far it's a toss up between Mango and Wagner. From what I understand though Mango is running a much better campaign than Wagner and that's been made clear by people posting in this thread. There really isn't much campaigning going on around my area to the point you really wouldn't know a primary is coming up very soon. I would ask both candidates which one owns a Sig and the one that does gets my vote.
    I guess it depends on where you live because I haven't heard dick from/about Mango - only "we don't need Liberal, MANGO" ads from Wagner's campaign - over and over and over.

I haven't a clue what sort of campaign Mango is running OR what his stances are on anything.
    (To be fair, I don't know much about Wagner either other than the fact that he's visually a "republican" with his old, white guy appearance and as my wife says, "that stupid mustache."
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Dauphin County)

PAUL MANGO

https://www.mangoforpa.com/second_amendment

Protecting the Second Amendment

Paul is a West Point graduate, former Army paratrooper, a current member of the National Rifle Association, and a Life Member of Firearms Owners Against Crime (FOAC). At a young age, he learned the importance of not only using firearms safely and responsibly but also the obligation imbued on all citizens to the defense of our nation.

He understands the importance of implementing public policy that enshrines and protects the rights of responsible gun owners in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania’s Constitution, Article 1, Section 21, was the foundation for the 2nd Amendment to the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution. Article 1, Section 21 is clear in that it provides for a citizen’s defense of themselves and the state “shall not be questioned”.

With Paul, all Pennsylvanians will have a Governor they can trust to protect their 2nd Amendment Right To Bear Arms. The Right To Bear Arms has been a foundational value throughout the history of our Commonwealth and state constitution prior to even the U.S. Constitution. Many Pennsylvanians own guns for protection, for collecting, for recreation, and even their livelihood. Paul believes that our right to bear arms must be protected in Pennsylvania and will veto legislation that attempts to infringe on that clearly expressed right guaranteed to our citizens. Article I, section 21 of our Commonwealth’s Constitution clearly states that the right of citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. Paul heartily supports this.

As Governor, Paul will:
    • Support reciprocity agreements for the lawful carrying of firearms discussed at the federal level: Pennsylvania gun owners face many regulations that differ across states, leaving them at risk for unnecessary legal liability. Paul will support national reciprocity to streamline gun regulations across state lines and protect Pennsylvanians. He will support legislation to limit the sharing of gun owner registration to those states with reciprocity laws to limit prejudicial encounters with law enforcement.
    • Protect Pennsylvanians’ constitutional rights: As Governor, Paul will protect Pennsylvanians’ Second Amendment rights by vetoing any legislation infringing on the constitutional right of law-abiding Pennsylvanians to defend themselves. This includes holding accountable communities that enact ordinances that violate Pennsylvania and federal law regarding the right to bear arms. As Governor, Paul will ensure that elected officials at all levels are accountable to oath they take to uphold the law.
    • Eliminate the duplicative Pennsylvania Instant Check System in favor of utilizing the National Instant Check System. This will eliminate gun registries and reallocate those funds toward more effective law enforcement that make us safer. Pennsylvania’s duplicative background check system (Pennsylvania Instant Check System, or PICS) is functionally flawed and not well integrated with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). Paul opposes using PICS as a de facto gun registry, as we have for decades, and will support the use of NCIC and the National Tracing Center to share information among law enforcement agencies, thereby reallocating the $7 million in annual costs toward State Police training and hiring.
    • Support the enhancement of the Castle Doctrine: Pennsylvanians should have the right to defend themselves from disparate force. Requiring the victim to establish the type of weapons, in a life or death encounter, before extending the protections of Castle Doctrine to self-defense is an unreasonable burden on Pennsylvanians’ right to self-defense.
    • Expose the failure of government to punish career violent criminals in our urban areas and work to focus law enforcement assets on targeting high crime areas.

(Tioga County)

When it comes to state wide PA politics, I live in a "black hole. All our "local" media are based in NYS. I see lots of NYS stuff but nothing about PA stuff. We have several people running for Mat Baker's seat in the Assy. I see nothing but tose things along side the road and in yards. I'm confused. Matt has been steadfast in his support but has decided to retire.
    USNRET '61-'81

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast