Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Mango or Wagner

(Chester County)

Default Re: Mango or Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by mrat View Post
    Personal opinion: I think Mango is too shifty for my taste. Probably showed up yesterday in the hope of getting our vote while actually in the hope of getting our guns. Just saying. Not my cuppa tea.
    My feeling too. Think he showed up at the rally to schmooze with us righties to troll for votes. His ads just don't sit right with me. Let's see some more of his tv time and what he says to the masses instead of just the 2A folks.

(Bucks County)

I don't trust either one of them.

For some reason, I think that Wagner would do less damage, although he'd probably wind up being just like Corbett. Not cut spending, do nothing about the looming pension fiscal crisis, and raise taxes.

(Allegheny County)

WAAAAAYYYY back when Mango announced he was running there was a thread started. His words at the time sounded good, but that was pretty early on. I haven't heard dick about him since until learning he was in Harrisburg at the rally.

I want to know what makes him a "Pelosi liberal" as all the Wagner ads claim - over and over and over, night after night.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Wagner supported Manchin Toomey...
    Saved this from a post here on PAFOA back then for future reference....

His web site: http://www.scottrwagner.com/

Greetings,

Last week Senator Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) and Senator Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) unveiled a proposal that would expand background checks for gun purchases.

The purpose of this email is to show my support for this legislation proposed by these two senators.

The comments contained in this email are my opinions. I am the owner of multiple handguns, I grew up on a farm and I hunted as a teenager.

I do not hunt today, but I do own guns for protection purposes.

Last week I had a conversation with our political affairs manager, Amanda Davidson, regarding the gun control issue.

Since neither of us fully understood the current regulations and laws in place in PA regarding the purchase of guns, I suggested to Amanda that she take time this week to visit a gun dealer and ask questions on the procedures to purchase guns so that we are more educated on this issue.

Scott:

Per your request, Joel and I went to a local, respected gun store yesterday to do some research on the process of buying a gun. Since I have been thinking about purchasing a hand gun for some time now, I decided to actually buy one while we were there.

After deciding which type of gun I wanted, I had to fill out two forms. Both forms required personal contact information; however, the second form I filled out was a little longer and required that I answer some personal questions about my mental health history. In total, it took me about 10 minutes to fill out both forms.

After the forms were filled out, an automated background check was completed by telephone with the Pennsylvania State Police. Within 5 minutes, I was approved to buy the gun.

In my opinion, I was shocked at how easy it was to purchase a gun. Other than the background check, I’m not sure how anyone would have known whether I was lying about my mental health history. I was also surprised that I was not required to list my social security number on the forms; it was listed as “Optional Information.”

Within 45 minutes of entering the store, I walked out with a hand gun.

-Amanda

As recently as Friday morning, I had a conversation with a municipal official and during the conversation he asked me what my position was on gun control.

I stated that I thought background checks were critical.

He agreed.

He stated that he didn’t like a federal mandate – which I agreed with – if each state has a thorough system in place to perform background checks.

I went on to explain that at Penn Waste when hiring CDL drivers we have to perform pre-hire drug tests, Motor Vehicle Records checks (Driving history) and are required to send to the current or past employer of the interviewing driver to verify that there was not a positive drug test while employed. The regulations when hiring CDL drivers are all federally mandated.

If you have mental health issues, past or present, or have a criminal record, you should not be allowed to own guns. People who do not have these issues should be allowed to own guns. It’s that simple.

In two separate polls conducted by the Washington Post and New York Times, results show that over 90% of Americans want expanded background checks on all types of gun sales.

This is a hotly debated issue that is very complex. I realize that there is a whole other side to this argument that needs to be addressed regarding how our society handles mental health illness.

However, those issues and perceptions cannot be changed overnight. Doing background checks at gun shows and for online sales is a common sense solution that can be implemented immediately.

Something has to be done regarding gun ownership issues. Click here for a link to Senator Toomey’s website and the full explanation of this proposed legislation.

I applaud Senator Toomey and Senator Manchin for taking a leadership position to start the process to address this critically important issue.

Thank you,

Scott R. Wagner

(Delaware County)

Going for Wagner, with a vote and a $20.
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

I honestly don't care that much as long as someone beats Wolf.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateCarry View Post
    Definitely possible. Did a cop with a K9 walk you over? There were like 6 of us he took. I was the bearded guy with the brown jacket and a Keltec
    We followed a cop on a bike then walked out back... We were behind a woman with long hair.

(Bucks County)

Thanks beardog,
    That changes things for me... I do not like that response at all. Why is he comparing a Constitutional right to driving a truck? What does defending yourself have to do with a trash truck? Also, what kind of check does he want??? 60 days? Should we have stricter checks for voting? Free speech? I will be contacting him today and expressing my displeasure.

Mango.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Bucks County)

When the campaigning started I thought, "nice to hear 2 solid conservatives running, either one is good", but then I started hearing from the people he represents in his district (28th), and they not only don't like him they seem to actually hate him. They told me claimed to be a conservative, he ran as a conservative, was elected senator for the 28th district, but rarely actually voted conservative plus they mentioned shady business practices. These are people I've known for years and trust their judgement. So...

Mango all the way

If anyone is interested Wednesday May 3rd at 7 PM he will be at the
    Meeting of Philadelphia Tea Party Patriots at the Middletown Township building, 3 Municipal Way, Langhorne in Bucks County.
    It's right off N. Flowers Mill Rd
    Last edited by steelerfan; May 2nd, 2018 at 09:05 AM.
    Jesus is Lord !

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast