Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Mango or Wagner

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Mango or Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateCarry View Post
    I was thinking the same thing that he was more progressive than he was letting on. I found out two weeks ago though that one of the elders at my church, who is also in my Bible study, is helping to run his campaign. That, coupled with the fact that he came to the rally yesterday, sealed it for me. I got to talk with him a little bit at the rally before the Capitol police started yelling at us. On a side note, did anyone else notice that the Moms Demand group got to skip the line while we were waiting outside the main entrance yesterday morning?
    There was a woman in front of us from " Women against violence" or something like that and they were told to go into the back entrance. I just "happened" to walk by when the officer was explaining to these few people.

BTW, I was probably right near you in line...I was about 30' or so from the entrance when they made the call. The guys I was with estimated 150-200 people were behind us when they made the call. We went through the back entrance and probably only 25% of those followed to the rear entrance.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Actually, I agree with Mango. Who's going to pay for thousands newly recruited school guards? Wagner himself? Also, given FL deputies cowarded during the last shooting, what are the odds, the $12.50/hr PA ACT 235 guy will go into the gunfight? Or do you want to pay $200/hr to someone, with zero response guarantee either?
    "funnel more money into screening for mental illness and prevent those diagnosed from getting their hands on guns...."

What does his statement [even] mean? We already have screening for mental illness with 302's, etc. What is "mentally" ill? Belief in freedom? God?

One thing Mango said yesterday on his radio interview that didn't sit well with me, he bragged about working on Toomey's campaign.

Also, when a caller asked a question he didn't want to answer, he'd snarl "Well there's another Wagner supporter!"

He "said" a lot of the right things and if he's really as big of a 2A supporter as he says, OK I'm good with him...but I'm having trouble trusting him.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

(Bucks County)

Mango's website:

As Governor, Paul will:

Support reciprocity agreements for the lawful carrying of firearms discussed at the federal level: Pennsylvania gun owners face many regulations that differ across states, leaving them at risk for unnecessary legal liability. Paul will support national reciprocity to streamline gun regulations across state lines and protect Pennsylvanians. He will support legislation to limit the sharing of gun owner registration to those states with reciprocity laws to limit prejudicial encounters with law enforcement.
    Protect Pennsylvanians’ constitutional rights: As Governor, Paul will protect Pennsylvanians’ Second Amendment rights by vetoing any legislation infringing on the constitutional right of law-abiding Pennsylvanians to defend themselves. This includes holding accountable communities that enact ordinances that violate Pennsylvania and federal law regarding the right to bear arms. As Governor, Paul will ensure that elected officials at all levels are accountable to oath they take to uphold the law.
    Eliminate the duplicative Pennsylvania Instant Check System in favor of utilizing the National Instant Check System. This will eliminate gun registries and reallocate those funds toward more effective law enforcement that make us safer. Pennsylvania’s duplicative background check system (Pennsylvania Instant Check System, or PICS) is functionally flawed and not well integrated with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). Paul opposes using PICS as a de facto gun registry, as we have for decades, and will support the use of NCIC and the National Tracing Center to share information among law enforcement agencies, thereby reallocating the $7 million in annual costs toward State Police training and hiring.
    Support the enhancement of the Castle Doctrine: Pennsylvanians should have the right to defend themselves from disparate force. Requiring the victim to establish the type of weapons, in a life or death encounter, before extending the protections of Castle Doctrine to self-defense is an unreasonable burden on Pennsylvanians’ right to self-defense.
    Expose the failure of government to punish career violent criminals in our urban areas and work to focus law enforcement assets on targeting high crime areas.
    If you agree that we need to enforce existing gun laws and not punish law-abiding citizens, sign our petition.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    There was a woman in front of us from " Women against violence" or something like that and they were told to go into the back entrance. I just "happened" to walk by when the officer was explaining to these few people.

BTW, I was probably right near you in line...I was about 30' or so from the entrance when they made the call. The guys I was with estimated 150-200 people were behind us when they made the call. We went through the back entrance and probably only 25% of those followed to the rear entrance.
    Yeah, we were probably close. I had to go around to the East entrance to check a firearm since I didn't know you couldn't do it at the front entrance. Once we got to the front of the line at the East entrance we were told the gun lockers were full and then had to go to another area to check our firearms to then go back to the East entrance. We arrived around 9:20 but couldn't get in the building until after 10:30 and then the police told us we couldn't go into the rotunda because it was at occupant capacity. Needless to say we were getting frustrated. We finally got to one of the upper levels though...
    Opera Non Verba

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateCarry View Post
    Yeah, we were probably close. I had to go around to the East entrance to check a firearm since I didn't know you couldn't do it at the front entrance. Once we got to the front of the line at the East entrance we were told the gun lockers were full and then had to go to another area to check our firearms to then go back to the East entrance. We arrived around 9:20 but couldn't get in the building until after 10:30 and then the police told us we couldn't go into the rotunda because it was at occupant capacity. Needless to say we were getting frustrated. We finally got to one of the upper levels though...
    LOL---were you with me and a few other guys? We had the same exact experience.....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    LOL---were you with me and a few other guys? We had the same exact experience.....
    Definitely possible. Did a cop with a K9 walk you over? There were like 6 of us he took. I was the bearded guy with the brown jacket and a Keltec
    Opera Non Verba

(Berks County)

Personal opinion: I think Mango is too shifty for my taste. Probably showed up yesterday in the hope of getting our vote while actually in the hope of getting our guns. Just saying. Not my cuppa tea.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Actually, I agree with Mango. Who's going to pay for thousands newly recruited school guards? Wagner himself? Also, given FL deputies cowarded during the last shooting, what are the odds, the $12.50/hr PA ACT 235 guy will go into the gunfight? Or do you want to pay $200/hr to someone, with zero response guarantee either?
    We pay for teachers who do nothing but brainwash....surely a protector is worth what an NEA drone is.

Mango is a Shifty Progressive...take it to the bank.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast