I’m becoming a little overwhelmed by the whole thing to be honest with you. I think now would be as good a time as any to start heading out into the state game lands around me and getting the lay of the land and seeing what they’re like.

Please don’t laugh when I ask these questions. I assume I can take the map off of the the game commission website find an entry point and just start walking around and seeing what is what? People are going to be out there hunting turkey and then getting all pissed off at me? I can just go out there with a backpack and some water in my notebook and start figuring out where dear may or may not be.? Then in the fall I just go back to the same spot set up camp and start? Do people ever just go out there without scouting it all and have any success? I guess I want to at least know where people are parking and seeing a little bit what the land this like I don’t want to go and blindly but not really sure how successful I am finding signs and perfect spot to hunt :-) I’ve so much to learn.

What might be some good places to look I mean as far as signs or things like that. Considering I’m on a state game land it’s probably a mix of wooded and open areas. Do most people just drive up on the access road or whatever it is parked their car and then just head in a little bit? I assume I don’t want to go into far because if I have success then I have to drag it all the way out which becomes a pain in the butt. It looks like around me there’s multiple access points for these places so I would guess the one that is least on the main road in most maybe dirt road or whatever would be best?

I hope this fall to maybe get out with the person or two that I’ve met through the boards here you all know who you are and honestly still looking for whatever you wanna call it a hunting buddy whatever it would boil down to just someone who might be able to help me out at the start.