Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Warren County)

Default Re: Stainless Pins for Tumbling

The pins are 304 stainless and are magnetic

(Allegheny County)

What I did was to use some Romex copper wire I had laying around, both 12 /2 and 14/2. I stripped it and cut it into pieces about a half inch long, give or take. Some are not straight but have a little curve in them, and the brass comes out perfect with the little dish soap and lemon shine. The only downside to this is the copper is not magnetic. I played around and figured out how to get the copper to separate.

PS. I spoke with one of the engineers at Lee reloading company, he said that he cleans his brass then takes the primers out. He said what little bit is left in the primer pocket helps the primer go in the whole a lot easier. I've been doing that for a while and have never had a problem. I might be able to send you a picture of the separator I made, but I'm not too computer savvy but I'll try. Joe

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
    What I did was to use some Romex copper wire I had laying around, both 12 /2 and 14/2. I stripped it and cut it into pieces about a half inch long, give or take. Some are not straight but have a little curve in them, and the brass comes out perfect with the little dish soap and lemon shine. The only downside to this is the copper is not magnetic. I played around and figured out how to get the copper to separate.

PS. I spoke with one of the engineers at Lee reloading company, he said that he cleans his brass then takes the primers out. He said what little bit is left in the primer pocket helps the primer go in the whole a lot easier. I've been doing that for a while and have never had a problem. I might be able to send you a picture of the separator I made, but I'm not too computer savvy but I'll try. Joe
    Sounds like that might be up my alley. I've got a bit of copper around, being non magnetic does have it's downfalls but I could make a container with a screen on it and tumble it to get the pins out. Or put chicken wire over a 5gallon bucket with a bit of a dish to it and shake
    Last edited by mikeybonez28; May 18th, 2018 at 10:47 AM. Reason: I sounded like English was my third language

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12