Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Ruger GP100 Match Champion...in 10MM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Heh. I didn't realize Hi-Point made a 10mm.

How about this? At least you wouldn't be limited to a neutered magazine.

I'm only looking at the Hi-Point because it's a cheap way to add a 10mm carbine to my collection. There's a mod for the .45 version of the Hi-Point that allows you to use 1911 mags. I'm hoping the same mod allows the use of 10mm 1911 mags.

I like the concept of the Extar. Especially intrigued by the .45 acp version. Add a can to that and it would make a pretty nice HD gun. I have a Springfield XDm .45 that I had bought in order to convert it to a carbine using a Mech Tech upper. But, by the time I get it configured the way I want to, the cost (and weight) ends up being a bit more than what I want. Maybe I'll sell the Springfield and buy the Extar instead.

Thanks for posting. Can't wait to tell Mrs Ronin all about yet ANOTHER crazy project gun. She's going to be THRILLED....
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle"

(Philadelphia County)

I got to handle one today at the Bunker in Warminster. I LOVE the grips on it. Feels so great in the hand. Price wasn't too bad, $749.

Everytime I say I'm done and there's nothing out there I want, a new "gotta have" gun comes out.

Decisions decisions...

(Chester County)

Not to hijack my own thread, but whatever, lol. I reached out to Extar customer service to see what it would take to SBR the EP, specifically if a standard buffer tube would work. I got the strangest response:

"The EP Series Pistols are not "AR pattern" firearms. We're trying not to allow that perception to propagate.
    Though most Fire Control Groups and Pistol Grips seem to be compatible, that is where things end. In the future we may indeed make some options available suitable for our products and who knows what kind of aftermarket may develop as they grow in popularity, but one should not think towards "AR" accessory options when considering an EP Series Pistol."

I guess that's a no?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Not to hijack my own thread, but whatever, lol. I reached out to Extar customer service to see what it would take to SBR the EP, specifically if a standard buffer tube would work. I got the strangest response:

"The EP Series Pistols are not "AR pattern" firearms. We're trying not to allow that perception to propagate.
    Though most Fire Control Groups and Pistol Grips seem to be compatible, that is where things end. In the future we may indeed make some options available suitable for our products and who knows what kind of aftermarket may develop as they grow in popularity, but one should not think towards "AR" accessory options when considering an EP Series Pistol."

I guess that's a no?
    I'd reply with "That's great, but you didn't address my question."

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

I guess that's a no?
    It sounds like they are trying to say this isnít one of those deadly weapons of war and not to confuse it as such. This is a good guy gun not a bad guy kid killer.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It sounds like they are trying to say this isnít one of those deadly weapons of war and not to confuse it as such. This is a good guy gun not a bad guy kid killer.
    Pretty much the same impression I got and I told them as much. I'll see if they reply and what they actually say, but I'm thinking I'll probably cross that one off the list.

Now, back to the 10mm GP100.... It kills me that there's one up at the Bunker. My birthday is coming up soon, so there's been a moratorium placed on personal purchases for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    None at all over a .41 magnum.

True 10mm Auto loads will outperform the .357 magnum but you have to use full moon clips for positive ejection of the spent cases. Unless your heavily invested on 10mm Auto, don't bother.
    There was a true 10mm magnum revolver round before the .41 magnum. The Herter's .401 Powermag.

.401.jpg

http://www.lasc.us/Fryxell401PowerMag.htm
    Last edited by abner13; May 6th, 2018 at 12:10 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234