Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: background check

Quote Originally Posted by Tom3404 View Post
    The Attorney requested any information the courthouse has and they can't seem to find anything other than what it's showing on the screen.
    Well I dont see how they have a lef to stand on. It may cost some $ but I think you are on the right track.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Allegheny County)

Sometimes paperwork is correct. Sometimes it is not correct.
    Can a person voluntarily commit themselves and end up with paperwork that indicates that they were involuntarily committed?
    You betcha.

Why isn't there paperwork? How long ago did it occur?
    The hospital should have paper records - not just "what's on the screen".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

It's been well over 10yrs and they don't keep records that long. The hospital has nothing on it, just the courthouse has a screenshot of it. If it were me, i would be going crazy and be the one admitting myself. Someone would definitely hear about it for making a mistake like that.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom3404 View Post
    It's been well over 10yrs and they don't keep records that long. The hospital has nothing on it, just the courthouse has a screenshot of it. If it were me, i would be going crazy and be the one admitting myself. Someone would definitely hear about it for making a mistake like that.
    Create a screenshot that indicates the original "record" was in error, invalid, void, a mistake etc.

Then make the argument that screenshots are easily faked - and that the people using the first screen shot should be required to prove it is not a fake...presumably by producing the record that it is supposed to be a screenshot of.

I know this much....if I claim to have signed a written contract with Streaker that he will give me $500 in exchange for my autograph, and we go to court, and all I have is a photo of the supposed contract taken with my phone, and can't product the actual written contract, I'm unlikely to win my case.

That's kinda what our Attorney said, if they don't have actually records, we should win this. it also doesn't hurt that they have parents as a witness to what happened. From what I've read, there should be a 302 stapled to a 303 petition and so far, the courthouse can't come up with any physical papers.

Sorry, i didn't read your questions right. No, they tried to hide it from everyone. They didn't even tell their parents when the hospital called and said that their child has checked into the hospital. The family member that did this to them came to stay at their house for a week so, they did this to get away then checked out once they were gone. I've not been in a situation like that so, i can't say what i work have done. i can sit here and say i would have told someone but, idk. i completely agree with wrong people getting guns but, there should be some circumstances that don't disqualify possession.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12