Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Wilson Combat Beretta 92

Hello,

Does anyone own a WC Beretta?

Shot one?

Has anyone converted an existing 92 into one?

I would like to hear any and all thoughts everyone has on these. If you are interested in where i am coming from, continue reading:

I have an old italian made 92fs. There is nothing wrong with it, looks great and shoots very well (better than I). I have owned it for 15 years and I don't find myself shooting it very much. I have been thinking about doing more target pistol with a 9mm and looking at options. I was looking at the WC berettas and i really like the look and what i hear about them. I could save up and get one, then own two 92's or i could send the one I own to them and have them convert it. I love window shopping WC but i will prob never spend the money for a tricked out 1911 even if i had it unless they run some crazy deals.

I am at odds though and here are my thoughts:

Why mess with a perfectly good pistol to make it better?

Converting mine will cost $800+, a new one costs about $1100. Not sure if it is worth using my own to save $300

Mine is not a brigadier and I could buy a WC brigadier - I know there is a lot of debate about the two, not sure that should even be a concern. If I convert mine will i regret not upgrading to the brigadier?

I don't really want two different 92's but not a huge deal

Have you ever customized a gun because you didn't use it much? Did you use it more after or was it just an upgraded safe queen?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Wilson Combat Beretta 92

The way I see it you answered your own question when you said the gun already shoots better than you.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Westmoreland County)

I recently picked up a stock 92fs for a really good price. I ordered a bunch of wilson parts for it. They should all be here and installed by sunday. I'll let you know how I like it

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks! I am interested to see what you think

(Westmoreland County)

Just finished installing the parts I had on hand today, the grips, guide rod and 14# spring, extended magazine release, and lo-pro safety. Only hiccup was launching a detent spring across the room. I really like the safety, but am still on the fence about the mag release. It's almost too extended for me. The grips aren't wilson, they're VZ (same as the Wilson's, just without the medallion, and about $40-50 cheaper).

I have not received the trigger, reduced power spring, hammer or hammer spring yet. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have those done. I plan on getting on the range Tuesday. I'll keep you posted.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoli06 View Post
    I recently picked up a stock 92fs for a really good price. I ordered a bunch of wilson parts for it. They should all be here and installed by sunday. I'll let you know how I like it
    That will make for a fine gun. My buddy got one of those suplus FS recently too. However, you're never going to have the 2 best features of the Wilson without spending significant $ - the sights and the checkering on the front and back straps.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    That will make for a fine gun. My buddy got one of those suplus FS recently too. However, you're never going to have the 2 best features of the Wilson without spending significant $ - the sights and the checkering on the front and back straps.
    The checkering I can live without. The sights is a downfall. I painted the front dot red, so that'll have to do.