Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: SGL 127

Default SGL 127

I was looking at the web site and doesn't say that it is closed. Does anyone know if it's open? Not my favorite range. But it's something. Ican't wait for the others to reopen.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: SGL 127

Someone posted the other day that it was indeed open.

(Luzerne County)

I wonder how packed it would be during the weekend, especially being one of two ranges that are open in the region. Looks like it has pistol and rifle. Might stop by after work on Friday.

(Luzerne County)

When none of the ranges were closed I would not go there on the weekend. With this being the only one open..............no way jose`!!!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieVanh View Post
    I wonder how packed it would be during the weekend, especially being one of two ranges that are open in the region. Looks like it has pistol and rifle. Might stop by after work on Friday.
    Go early.... I always go first thing in the morning... all the kooks are still sleeping...

(Luzerne County)

I just got back from the range. It didn't take that long of a drive, about 40 mins from where I live. It wasn't that packed, probably because of the weather. I shot on the pistol range but drove by the rifle range to check it out.

The pistol range was decent. Need new wood holding up the targets though. There was a lot of left behind targets too. I didn't see any trashcans.

The distance was 25 and 50 yrds for the pistol. I didn't see any 5, 7 or 15 yrd markers. I was shooting around the 5 and 7 while another gentlemen was shooting the 50 (switching turns). I also pulled out my Savage Mark II to sight in at 25. Hitting high with the scope but it should be good at 100.

There was one gentlemen, a group of 4, group of 3, and a group of 2 when I was there. Most was probably 8 people at once. Everyone was respectable, I didn't notice any dangerous handling. All in all a great time- well worth the drive. Wish I could of shot at the 100 with the Savage but it was raining and there was no covering.