Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Smile wher wher you today on 9-11-01

ill start i was working on a job at the lewistowen hospital and was sent home .

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: wher wher you today on 9-11-01

Miami, FL. woke up late and had to get to school before class started. bolted out the door, thought "wow, there is no traffic today!!!", got to school and wondered "where the hell is everyone else???", then heard it on the radio.

(Franklin County)

I was working in a Staples distribution center. Someone came by with a "rumor" of a plane hitting the WTC - very shortly thereafter, they put the news over the loudspeakers in the warehouse so we could hear what was going on.

I remember that when I left work I couldn't get a call out on my cell, because the system was overloaded.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

I had about two hours left on a job I was doing so when I got home around 9:00am I turned on the TV and saw what was going on. I watched all day in utter disbelief.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Lehigh County)

I was running last minute errands before leaving for my annual Kokomo Vietnam Veterans Reunion. I had on a Vietnam Veteran shirt (in preparation for leaving that afternoon).

I had sooo many people (sheep) coming up to me and talking to me, "What's gonna happen now?" type questions. Really weird, no shit. Like I had answers since I was wearing the Vietnam Veteran shirt.

We (the eight others and I traveling by motorhome together) decided since there was nothing we could do,(New York was sealed off by this time. So driving into Mahattan to help was out was not possible.), to take our 11 hour trip to be with our Brothers-in-Arms.

While on PA76 West we passed, going the other way, no less than 4 large buses, two tractor trailers, some smaller trucks and a half dozen or so Humvees all in OD green with lights flashing barrelling back towards Shanksville.

The mood in Kokomo was solem, but to a man, we said we would belly-up and do the REMF work to free up the young bucks to go kick some Muslim ass. What a time.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Carbon County)

I just got off a 24 hour shift from the ambulance at NAS Pax River in MD, Walked in the door and was making myself some breakfast and saw the first tower burning. I sat down and watched, thought it was some kind of movie or something but then 2 minutes later saw plane 2 hit the second tower. Was in disbelief and sat in front of the TV for the next 12 hours numb. I was just home to NY (NY native here) two weeks before and drove the Verranzano Bridge every time I went home. I remember the next time I went home, about a month later and drove the bridge and saw the skyline for the first time. I was emotional the whole way to my families house out on Long Island. Still such an emotional time every time I go home to L.I. My wife and I went to Ground Zero shortly after that in early 2002, saw all the missing person fliers notes from loved ones. Was heartbreaking.
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Somerset County)

we were camping at Lake Malone state park KENTUCKY . eating breakfast when a lady down from us ran up to our RV and told us to turn tv on . about 30 seconds after we turned it on the plane hit the second tower . watched tv until flight 93 came down about a mile from our house . we then packed up and drove until we got home .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Butler County)

In 11th Grade Math class. Two teachers shared the class room and the one that wasn't teaching walked in and said he heard something was going on in NY. We turned on the TV and about a minute or two later watched as the second plane hit. Right then the teacher said close the books because this was more important than math class today. Ironically, he was the only teacher out of all my classes that day that let us watch the news. Even in history class the teacher went on and taught the lesson.

The job I work at now (in D.C., biggest customer is government research lab) the people said that almost all customers went home for the day. The boss had all the techs sitting in a parking lot just waiting for service calls until about 1:00 when the big boss told everyone to go home. Since almost all of our customers have animal testing labs, and it costs alot of money when animals die (we control temp, hum, light, airchanges, etc.), he is pretty worried about missing a call and having to deal with that mess.

(Snyder County)

I was in college at PSU main campus. I was walking to my Tues-Thurs class. I was walking through the HUB and there was a whole load of people surrounding the TVs. I didn't push my way in to see what was going on, but I did see that a plane hit a building. I didn't realize at the time the horror of the situation.

On the way to class, I saw a buddy that asked me if I had heard about the planes? I said no, and he kind of filled me in.

When I got to class, I was sitting next to my brother, and some girl behind us was freaking out because her dad worked in the WTC and she (obviously) couldn't get a hold of him. I don't know what ever happened to him, if he survived or not.

But most of the rest of the day's classes were canceled. And classes on Friday were about nill as well.

(Lawrence County)

I was in senior's English, and going to some elective class for second period when we heard something was going on. When I got to my second period class, directly across the hall, we were told that they connected the cable to all the school tv's and the teachers were to turn to CNN... We watched from about 5 minutes in until the end of the school day. The tv's were setup so that the school could turn them on and off... We didn't do anything that day or the next but watch CNN... I was very upset, and I still am whenever this day comes around, but I always think about it...

Chaz9/11/01man321
    I like guns... And boobs...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast