Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Much going on in Erie

Is there much going on in Erie? I might be visiting there sometime. I posted a thread asking about good gun shops in Erie, haven't got any responses.

Default Re: Much going on in Erie

Keystone Armory ROCKS!

It's one the way to Erie, maybe 20-25 minutes South not too far from the Millcreek Mall.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=99490
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Allegheny County)

They are slaying fish in elk creek. Steel,suckers and bass

Traveling north on Interstate 79, get off at the Edinboro exit and head east into the town of Edinboro. Hit Edinboro Outdoors. Leave town north on Rt. 99 and hit Keystone Armory. Travel a few more miles north and hit Bob's Gun Shop. Travel a few more miles north and turn east on Hershey Road. Cross Rt. 19 and hit the Erie Sport Store. That should keep you busy on the gun shop tour. Bob's has an indoor range. If you enjoy fishing you are in luck. Lot's of good places to fish including Presque Isle State Park. Not into fishing? Rent a bike at the park for a ride on the 13 mile paved multi purpose trail. Warmer weather, rent a kayak and hit the lagoons on the park. Jump on the Lady Kate (depends on when you come) and take the sunset tour off the park, through the bay and out onto the lake. Take a perch fishing trip, $30 bucks or so, on the Edward John perch boat. Catch an Erie Seawolves game. They are a minor league affiliate of the Tigers. Have kids? Spend the day at Waldameer Park. An old time amusement park and water park. Too cold? Take the kids to Splash Lagoon, an INDOOR water park. Into theater? Try the Erie Playhouse or the Warner theater from everything from local shows to Broadway Productions. Shop at the Millcreek Mall. (maybe the better half would like this) Into beer? Hit the Brewerie Brew Pub. It's in an old train station. Good beer. Like barbecue? The Federal Hill Smokehouse is a must. Small, and they are only open until the run out of meat, but the brisket and pulled pork are heavenly. This should keep you busy. When are you coming?

(Lehigh County)

When you visit each of these places, make sure to tell them ar15jules sent you. Ask for the friends of discount...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    When you visit each of these places, make sure to tell them ar15jules sent you. Ask for the friends of discount...
    LOL....that's a good one. I can only speak from experience. I live "close" by. Hoping to hit Elk Creek tomorrow morning for some stocked brown trout.

(Erie County)

Coming from Schuylkill, get off I-80 at exit 29 Barkeyville. Rt-8 North 10-12 miles to Franklin. 2 lane turns into 4 lane after a couple miles. Scenic ride. After a long downhill, across a high bridge, and a long uphill, right where the concrete turns to asphalt, still 4 lane, but after you can see the other 2 lanes with no median, (blocked by hills until there), look left and see MAURERS trading post. Google them. MUST SEE for gun nuts!! Doesn't look like much from outside, go in through store to clothing section, look left for stairway, go up. Prepare to drool.
    Can continue north from there with multiple ways to get to Erie. Rt62 is just a couple miles north of them, west to I-79. I prefer Rt8 north to Rt322 west to Meadville, and jump on I-79 there.
    I would also recommend a stop at Boot Box in Meadville. Many mounted game animals, and gun displays. They don't sell a lot of gun stuff, mostly shoes and boots, and clothing. Plenty of restaurants in that town, I recommend the Chop House, west of town to Rt98 south, on right.
    Grices in Clearfield is also quite a place to see, depending on how much time you have.
    Last edited by Truckman; April 25th, 2018 at 12:09 AM.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Traveling north on Interstate 79, get off at the Edinboro exit and head east into the town of Edinboro. Hit Edinboro Outdoors. Leave town north on Rt. 99 and hit Keystone Armory. Travel a few more miles north and hit Bob's Gun Shop. Travel a few more miles north and turn east on Hershey Road. Cross Rt. 19 and hit the Erie Sport Store. That should keep you busy on the gun shop tour. Bob's has an indoor range. If you enjoy fishing you are in luck. Lot's of good places to fish including Presque Isle State Park. Not into fishing? Rent a bike at the park for a ride on the 13 mile paved multi purpose trail. Warmer weather, rent a kayak and hit the lagoons on the park. Jump on the Lady Kate (depends on when you come) and take the sunset tour off the park, through the bay and out onto the lake. Take a perch fishing trip, $30 bucks or so, on the Edward John perch boat. Catch an Erie Seawolves game. They are a minor league affiliate of the Tigers. Have kids? Spend the day at Waldameer Park. An old time amusement park and water park. Too cold? Take the kids to Splash Lagoon, an INDOOR water park. Into theater? Try the Erie Playhouse or the Warner theater from everything from local shows to Broadway Productions. Shop at the Millcreek Mall. (maybe the better half would like this) Into beer? Hit the Brewerie Brew Pub. It's in an old train station. Good beer. Like barbecue? The Federal Hill Smokehouse is a must. Small, and they are only open until the run out of meat, but the brisket and pulled pork are heavenly. This should keep you busy. When are you coming?
    That's a good list but you forgot something...http://www.flagshipniagara.org/us-br...niagara-about/

(Allegheny County)

And paragraphs.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Schuylkill County)

Here's the thing, I plan to travel the longest highway in the USA, route 20, its entire length. All the way from Boston to Newport in OR. I do know that route 20 does partially go through or near Erie. I will be starting in Boston and I won't be traveling with any guns at that point. The part of route 20 that starts in Boston and up until it hits PA, is not a good part to travel with guns as it goes through some not so gun friendly regions. However, when I do get to PA I've got to get myself a souvenir for my trip so I was looking up good gun shops in the Erie region. Some of the responses have been very helpful. I also did my own google search and found Presque Isle Gun Shop, Gorenflo Co, and Armando's Gun Shop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast