Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default State of Ohio ranges versus Pa SGL ranges

I was born and raised in Fayette county and spent the last 25 years in Dayton, Ohio and just returned to the state. I am shooting at the Wexford range. The range is magnificent! The 100 yard range is like an open air cathedral. I love this place but the mag restrictions ruin the shooting experience, as indicated in another thread that I have posted. I was shooting at Ohio’s Spring Valley Range. This range is at least the size of the Wexford range and is even more technologically advanced. It has bullet traps as opposed to earthworks.
    There are no mag limits. People shot until someone needs to check or change their target. That person calls “cease fire”. The shooter unload, open their action and step behind the yellow line that is painted behind the benches. When everyone is behind the line the range is called “clear” and people proceed to attended to their targets. When people are are done with the targets and back behind the line “ clear” is called and shooting proceeds. Everyone is happy! Shooting can actually be done for a half hour without cease fire called.
    Another big difference is that Ohio utilizes 2-3 range officers at the range at any time that are patrolling for safety violations and to give assistance. Compare that experience to Pa SGL ranges. Why can’t SGL ranges be similar?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: State of Ohio ranges versus Pa SGL ranges

As a shooter and range safety officer, The Ohio range sounds far superior to the Wexford range which can be as dangerous as hell depending on the shooters. Clear is called for both hot and cold this is plain stupid ! I say range going hot or cold People touch firearms during the time people are downrange I like the yellow line - the shooters at Wexford are all clustered at the wooden bench and I can never tell what they are up to with their booger hooks !

Make a call ! Make a change ! Tell them how the Ohio range is run - I offered to be there for safety but that was a lost cause - maybe enough calls and they may listen or consider !

(Allegheny County)

Why the need for another thread to rehash your gripe?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Why the need for another thread to rehash your gripe?
    Nope.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!