Reading the guide from 2017-2018 and getting familiar. Yes I know to read the 2018 one when it come out ha ha!

So, I am a little confused so I'll explain what I need to do.

Okay, for 1st application I will send it in on the date in July or do you send it in a day or three before? Is there a strategy as to when and what treasurer you send it to? I see you can send it to any. So, what does the date mean?

In that application I pick a unit. I also have a 2nd and 3rd choice in case from what I understand I can do. I assume I can send my sons in the same envelope when I do this if say he starts to hunt? I know, I need to focus on me learning so I can teach him but just curious.

So, for 1st round unsold, I see the following:

Unsold licenses in 2B, 5C and 5D:
Applications for an unlimited number of licenses in these WMUs can be made by mail only beginning Monday, August 7, 2017. Over-the-counter sales in these WMUs begin Monday, August 28, 2017.

So, what does that mean? Should I have a strategy? I would assume that I should apply for another tag if there are unsold ones, say in 5B where I live or do I apply for the one in 5C or will that be available at the end of August?

Just trying to determine what the strategy should be. I also assume I can send in my sons as well with mine when the time comes that he will hunt?

In my head, I apply in early July when the date is you all recommend, apply for a unit I want. Then in August at 1st unsold, I apply for a 2nd unit I want. Then at the end of August I apply for 5C? Or can I apply for 5C and 5B lets just say in the 1st unsold in August and get them both then?