Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Adams County)

Default Re: "Act 235" Lethal Weapons Class at HACC (Harrisburg) Oct 13th, 2008

I've been told that it's close to $1000 before you even get to take the class.

Does that sound about right?
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post

Personally, I havn't heard of anyone paying more then $800 when its all said and done. But it really depends on location & people you know for connections. Like my uncle is a a cop in jacksonville FL. Through him my cousin saved because he got his Psychological & physical exam free through his Police Academy. But that was the extent he still had to pay for ACT 235 training because he was becoming a guard not a cop.

(Venango County)

Can anyone clarify is this required to carry while on any job? or just jobs that require carry?

Quote Originally Posted by jmarshall View Post
    Can anyone clarify is this required to carry while on any job? or just jobs that require carry?
    It's only required for jobs that involve carrying a firearm, such as armored car guards and the like.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by kcr121 View Post
    It's only required for jobs that involve carrying a firearm, such as armored car guards and the like.
    so if I carry due to personal choice, and not for the fulfillment of job duties, I am good.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmarshall View Post

Yes, this will let you carry for any job that REQUIRES you to carry a firearm for work purposes.

It will NOT let you carry for just any job though.

AG

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post

Like others have stated, it depends on what school you go to.

I did mine in the lehigh valley and all together with all the fee's including the class itself, I think I paid around $550 for everything.

That was 3 years ago though.

I dont think that it has increased that much though.

Just look at the schools and see what they are charging.

(I just looked up the class where I took it and it is now $275, so it went up like $20-$25 bucks since I took it.)

AG
    Last edited by xx AG xx; February 3rd, 2010 at 12:46 AM.

(Chester County)

Not sure if this counts for ACT 235 but I'm first on the call list when the alarm goes off for my office. I've gone in, middle of the night, pitch black inside, Glock in my Serpa ready to fire. Not sure if the LEOs that responded saw my Glock or not (had a coat on) but they didn't say anything.

I'm the IT security guy so I can't claim that I need to carry for work. Is there some law that prevents me from carrying when in such a capacity? I'd rather be armed than not and I have my LTCF.

I can't imagine I can claim I need to carry for work and there's no way they'd pay for it even if I could. I'd do it just for the fun of it if I had the money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12