Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Anti's Target Cris Cox at home

also his wifes business

Anti-Gun Zealots Target NRA Lobbyist’s Home

To say that gun controllers hate the National Rifle Association is kind of like saying Formula One cars are kind of fast. It’s just a bit of an understatement.

However, despite their rabid, seething hatred for the nation’s oldest civil rights organization, their vitriol tends to be contained to venues most of us would consider appropriate. Their protests are annoying, but not outside of the bounds of not just the First Amendment, but also good taste.

Apparently, that isn’t enough for them these days.

NRA chief lobbyist Chris Cox and his family have reportedly been targeted by anti-gun vandals both at his home and at his wife’s place of business.

It’s a new tactic, according to the Washington Post, where gun control activists ramp up the pressure on certain high-profile targets by confronting them at home instead of at the NRA headquarters where they could be more easily ignored.

Cox told the Post that his Alexandria, Virginia home was sprayed with fake blood, and left-wing protesters handed out flyers outside his wife’s interior design business. They also created posters to display outside his home as well as an anti-Cox website.

Cox family attorney Elizabeth Locke called the tactics “criminal and unlawful conduct” in a statement to the Washington Post.

“Mr. and Mrs. Cox have been targeted over the past few months by repeated acts of criminal and unlawful conduct, including having their home vandalized on two occasions,” Locke said.

“These coordinated tactics have crossed the line of civility and human decency.”
    Tell me about it.

This is an escalation of their protest tactics, and this is seriously crossing a line. However, I also fear it’s just the beginning.

You see, leftists like this tend to believe in the ends justifying the means. Otherwise, why protest outside Cox’s wife’s business? She’s not a lobbyist for the NRA. Why protest there? There, you’re impacting someone other than the person responsible.

What’s happening is these protestors are using collective guilt–which makes sense, considering they’re collectivists at heart anyway–to try and further add to the stigmatization of gun owners. Now, they’re wanting to try and add that stigmatization to anyone and everyone they can that’s attached in any way to the NRA and, most likely, eventually all gun owners.

If this doesn’t produce the desired results, namely pressuring people like Cox to abandon the NRA, then what’s next?

They’ve already shown they are more than willing to escalate things beyond what is normally acceptable in an effort to affect whatever change they want. In this case, they’re make it difficult for anyone who works for the NRA.

But what happens when this doesn’t work?

That, I fear, is when things get very ugly. At that point, expect another escalation. If we’re lucky, it’ll begin and end with assault. However, I don’t think we’ll be that fortunate.

Folks, these people are unhinged. To make matters worse, I’m not seeing many from the anti-gun side condemning these kinds of tactics.

Then again, when you are convinced your cause is righteous, people can excuse any sort of madness under the premise of the ends justifying the means. Yet, because of the lack of condemnation, this may well happen far more often and with more people than just Cox.

And if the escalation continues, well…expect it to get ugly.
    https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/0...ts-home/?stv=b
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Anti's Target Cris Cox at home

Let them come out here in the woods and try to stigmatize my neighbors and me.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    This...exactly.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Chester County)

It's time to take it to the leftist communists. If they want a war lets give it to them.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

I'm in the 'burbs in 'Jersey... the same holds true here. If they want to learn where Hoffa is buried, they're more than welcome to ask.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I'm in the 'burbs in 'Jersey... the same holds true here. If they want to learn where Hoffa is buried, they're more than welcome to ask.
    let them try that south of woodbury...I think they would be a little surprised.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    let them try that south of woodbury...I think they would be a little surprised.
    Take them for a ride and introduce them to some Pineys.

(York County)

Exactly. I've got a really long driveway, acres of land and a backhoe. Be sure to kiss your mom goodbye on the way out the door; she's going to be distraught for some time due to your poor decisions.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

More likely they'll start resorting to arson. Wouldn't want a snowflake to risk a confrontation with a "crazed gun owner." Just wait - it'll happen.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    More likely they'll start resorting to arson. Wouldn't want a snowflake to risk a confrontation with a "crazed gun owner." Just wait - it'll happen.
    ^This

With the violence the left is willing to condone under their mantra of anti-whatever their crusade happens to be today I suspect that we will see something like this soon.

The irony is that as they become more unhinged and ramp up the intensity and begin to promote violence, they are making our case for us. If you have a group of fanatical ideologues attempting to do you harm, what better tool for protecting your home and family than an AR or AK with multiple 30 rd magazines. One on one, a pistol will work, but if you are talking about a group or a mob, more bullets are more effective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast