Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No fire arms

(Lackawanna County)

Default No fire arms

I went to PNC field in Scranton tonight for the ball game. They had a big sign listing prohibited items where you enter. Right at the top was "Fire arms." I found that humorous.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: No fire arms

???

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I like when they say "No weapons".

I'm not planning on attacking anyone with my gun, so it's not a weapon. It's a self defense tool.

Concealed is concealed.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Philadelphia County)

Saw this posted in SEPTA concourse, prohibited items.

Threatening Items Prohibited on SEPTA Property
    The following items are prohibited ("Prohibited Items") on all SEPTA property, including, but not limited to, stations, vehicle stops, trains, buses, subways, and trolleys:

Archery equipment (including, but not limited to, bows, arrows, and other supplies)

Corrosive or dangerous chemicals or materials (including, but not limited to, tear gas, bleach, radioactive and bacterial materials

Electronic control devices (including, but not limited to, stun guns and TASER guns)

Explosive devices (including, but not limited to, fireworks)

Incendiary materials (including, but not limited to, flammable gases and liquids, as well as torches and lanterns)

Martial arts and other self-defense items (including, but not limited to, billy clubs, nightsticks, and nunchuks)

Sharp objects (including, but not limited to, axes, ice picks, knives, spears, swords, scissors, box cutters, razors, and spikes)

Toy or replica firearms of any type

Any mask or other article of clothing worn to disguise the wearer's identity, except in the course of bona fide religious observance or expression

Any item that is intended to be, or may be interpreted as, a facsimile or reproduction of any item on this list

Any item that, in the exclusive discretion of SEPTA personnel, has or may have a tendency to create a fear of imminent bodily harm on the part of another (which may include, but is not limited to, items such as riot gear, metal helmets, facemasks, and similar items)

Any person found to possess any Prohibited Item will be asked to leave SEPTA property immediately, or removed by SEPTA police.

Any person who has a Prohibited Item on SEPTA Property may instead turn it over to any SEPTA Transit Police Officer, who will arrange for its storage at SEPTA Headquarters, 1234 Market Street, Philadelphia, for up to thirty (30) days, after which point the Prohibited Item will be destroyed if not retrieved. Please speak to a SEPTA Transit Police Officer if you wish to store any Prohibited Item with SEPTA. SEPTA retains the right, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, to refuse to accept any Prohibited Item for storage.

http://www.septa.org/service/prohibited.html

What's not on that list though, are firearms. Interesting. I know there have been court cases brought against them for that.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Not my thing, but nice color work.

(Delaware County)

One of the places I Have to go to on a regular basis has signs at every entrance.
    No Alcohol, No weapons, No tobacco products.
    Most times, I'm a triple threat.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

???

And his car:

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post

The following items are prohibited ("Prohibited Items") on all SEPTA property, including, but not limited to, stations, vehicle stops, trains, buses, subways, and trolleys:

Archery equipment (including, but not limited to, bows, arrows, and other supplies)

Corrosive or dangerous chemicals or materials (including, but not limited to, tear gas, bleach, radioactive and bacterial materials

Electronic control devices (including, but not limited to, stun guns and TASER guns)

Incendiary materials (including, but not limited to, flammable gases and liquids, as well as torches and lanterns)

Martial arts and other self-defense items (including, but not limited to, billy clubs, nightsticks, and nunchuks)

Sharp objects (including, but not limited to, axes, ice picks, knives, spears, swords, scissors, box cutters, razors, and spikes)

Any mask or other article of clothing worn to disguise the wearer's identity, except in the course of bona fide religious observance or expression

Any item that is intended to be, or may be interpreted as, a facsimile or reproduction of any item on this list

Any item that, in the exclusive discretion of SEPTA personnel, has or may have a tendency to create a fear of imminent bodily harm on the part of another (which may include, but is not limited to, items such as riot gear, metal helmets, facemasks, and similar items)

Any person found to possess any Prohibited Item will be asked to leave SEPTA property immediately, or removed by SEPTA police.

Any person who has a Prohibited Item on SEPTA Property may instead turn it over to any SEPTA Transit Police Officer, who will arrange for its storage at SEPTA Headquarters, 1234 Market Street, Philadelphia, for up to thirty (30) days, after which point the Prohibited Item will be destroyed if not retrieved. Please speak to a SEPTA Transit Police Officer if you wish to store any Prohibited Item with SEPTA. SEPTA retains the right, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, to refuse to accept any Prohibited Item for storage.

What's not on that list though, are firearms. Interesting. I know there have been court cases brought against them for that.
    The Septa Police Chief Thomas J. Nestel III has made it abundantly clear his police will follow the laws of the State of Pennsylvania. Firearms can be carried aboard Septa transportation according to the laws of Pennsylvania. That does not include Septa employees. Septa has a policy where no employee can carry a firearm aboard Septa transportation on or off duty. You can also be fired if you use Septa transportation while intoxicated off duty.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post

Mine wasn't a court case, but it did go to Internal Affairs:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=216917

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Mine wasn't a court case, but it did go to Internal Affairs:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=216917
    At the time your incident happened with Septa, Chief Nestel was probably the only competent person in an upper management position. I couldn't say that back then. They have a good General Manager now Jeff Knueppel.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast