Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: LIberal Gun Owner

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Please give me a detailed list of all of PA and the federal government's firearms laws. You certainly wouldn't be suggesting such a thing if you weren't able to do so, right?
    How about this.. (and this is all I was trying to say was that people are educated).. in order for someone to own a gun in Pennsylvania they sign at time of purchase that they read an overview of the state gun laws. Not even a test.. just a "yup, I read this" http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI...18/00.061..HTM And hey... if people don't want to have that, then that is what democracy is all about. Just seems pretty common sense to just know the rules. Maybe be given a pamphlet on how to be safe.

Again.. it is funny that I am here actually TELLING YOU that I am not anti-gun. I am pro-second Amendment. Yet.. I am assumed not to be. I understand you have a point of view.. but I am not telling anyone they are wrong... I am not advocating you change your politics or crapping on them.

I am well versed on the Constitution. I am well versed on the history of the Bill of Rights. Being liberal doesn't tie my down to some dogma. And while I a do know a lot of democrats (and republicans) who have good intentions on how to keep people safe. I am a pragmatist. Yinz don't really care about what I think-- my label is al you seem to worry about... but I bet if we got a coffee, we wouldn't be so far apart on things.. I honestly don't think many liberals and conservatives would be.

But I do agree-- there are some extreme conservatives and extreme liberals that would have you think that we live in two different americas and that "the other side" is evil and hates everything America stands for. I don't think most Americans are extremists in politics-- they just get extremist media (left and right) that want to sell ads and make their money.

I do sincerely regret starting this thread. I was trying to see if there were other people likeminded-- not to challenge anyone's political views or tell anyone they were wrong. This is obviously a "third rail" topic in a forum I am a stranger in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    How about this.. (and this is all I was trying to say was that people are educated).. in order for someone to own a gun in Pennsylvania they sign at time of purchase that they read an overview of the state gun laws. Not even a test.. just a "yup, I read this" http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI...18/00.061..HTM And hey... if people don't want to have that, then that is what democracy is all about. Just seems pretty common sense to just know the rules. Maybe be given a pamphlet on how to be safe.
    That is not going to stop school shootings or murders, no law will.
    This is why the forum members aren't having any of it because they know
    no laws will prevent murder. Its just a bunch of feel good politics, pandering to the
    uninformed for votes. Do you honestly think those POS politicians care one ioda about
    you and me? All they care about are themselves and your vote. F- them and the porta-potty
    they rode in on.

(Lehigh County)

Aren't gun safety brochures common at gun stores and given out (or at least made available) with each purchase already? State Police form SP4-135 does this.

http://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-infor...-1-10-2008.pdf
    http://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-infor...-2-10-2008.pdf

Information for Pennsylvania Firearm Purchasers & Basic Firearm Safety (SP4-135)
    The Firearms Safety Brochure will be provided by the Pennsylvania State Police. You can fax your requests to (717) 772-4249 or mail requests to Firearm Records Unit, Pennsylvania State Police, 1800 Elmerton Avenue, Harrisburg, PA 17110. Please allow several weeks for the processing of your order.
    Last edited by gghbi; April 24th, 2018 at 01:44 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Aren't gun safety brochures common at gun stores and given out with each purchase already. State Police form SP4-135 does this.

http://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-infor...-1-10-2008.pdf
    http://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-infor...-2-10-2008.pdf

Information for Pennsylvania Firearm Purchasers & Basic Firearm Safety (SP4-135)
    The Firearms Safety Brochure will be provided by the Pennsylvania State Police. You can fax your requests to (717) 772-4249 or mail requests to Firearm Records Unit, Pennsylvania State Police, 1800 Elmerton Avenue, Harrisburg, PA 17110. Please allow several weeks for the processing of your order.
    It's almost as though he's never bought a firearm in PA.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

With all due respect Stickler you labeled yourself starting with post #1.

Don't lay that on the other members of the forum.

(Dauphin County)

Stickler, no comment about the NRA from my post?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It's almost as though he's never bought a firearm in PA.
    I have purchased firearms in PA.. All I had to do was fill out the two pages. No one gave me a brochure, or asked me if I knew the laws of the state. Not in any of the three stores I purchased from.

Bogey1.. I totally agree with you. I think if you read earlier.. I (PERSONALLY) know that gun deaths are reduced most by trying to stop suicides, but the only proven solution to gun violence is reducing poverty. I agree that there are no gun laws that have reduced gun crime. The nations that have reduced violent gun crime by laws outlawed all guns and the citizens voluntarily gave up their guns. That is great--- but I don't think that Americans are interested in that, so it would never work. It is like outlawing twinkies to reduce obesity but allowing everything else. Or --- like the UK and Canada and Germany... people just start using trucks and cars to run people over.

And I am not the only liberal that thinks that way. But yes-- there are very LOUD extreme (and uninformed) liberals (just like there are uninformed conservatives) who get a lot of press.

(Lancaster County)

I have purchased firearms in PA.. All I had to do was fill out the two pages. No one gave me a brochure, or asked me if I knew the laws of the state. Not in any of the three stores I purchased from.
    zomg!!! You bought a firearm without being handed a brochure? Holy hell, you're lucky to be alive.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Inanimate objects aren't violent.

People are.

(Allegheny County)

"I'm pro second amendment, but I believe there needs to be a test to exercise my rights."

Read it over and over again until the light bulb comes on.

Read it until your eyes bleed if necessary.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast