Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 104
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    327
    Rep Power
    1209559

    Default Re: LIberal Gun Owner

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post

    Regardless.. I really came to this forum to learn more about where to shop, how to become a better shot, how to know how to best know the law if I need to protect myself.

    You guys will either let me stay and talk about those things.. or you won't.
    Have you been banned? No. You can still ask all of those questions and receive some great input from the members here. I'm by no means a Republican or a Democrat. I am a social liberal (except for abortion, since it violates NAP IMO), fiscal conservative (do these exist anymore?), libertarian when it comes to guns and war, etc etc. At the end of the day, I am a single issue voter. 2A. End of story. Many people on this forum are much farther right of center than you, so just accept it. They're not going to change and you have the freedom not to interact with them as they have the freedom to not interact with you. But... I am sure we (or least most of us) are more than happy to answer any firearms related questions you might have regardless of your views on other issues.
    Opera Non Verba

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    warminster, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,260
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: LIberal Gun Owner

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    It is ok that you disagree. To me, government (in the way it "should" be run) is fire departments, police departments, etc. It should be a collective agreement on kicking in for the good of the community. The military is part of the government. I think protecting business from poisoning the water is a government job.

    But I get it. And I'll listen to what you guys say.

    And I agree with a lot of what you are saying. You can't legislate ideas. The "wars on (insert whatever here) are always a haox. I wonder what we agree on?

    Regardless.. I really came to this forum to learn more about where to shop, how to become a better shot, how to know how to best know the law if I need to protect myself.

    You guys will either let me stay and talk about those things.. or you won't.
    Not for nothing, but you don't sound terribly liberal to me. I'm seeing a hell of a lot worse. See this is the problem with labeling and pigeonholing. It never seems to work out the way it was intended.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,358
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: LIberal Gun Owner

    Well, Stickler. I've watched you squirm enough. Yes, there are others here who share a similar set of beliefs, more or less. We just don't go around trumpeting that fact since the majority here are rather conservative. At least they think they are.

    If you want to expand your knowledge of all things gun related, this place is a pretty good place to be. You just can't be thin-skinned snd expect to last here. There are good people here who would very literally give you the shirt off of their back if you needed one. They will also, however, tell you that you're full of shit in no uncertain terms if they believe you to be so. However, if you have actually thought through your arguments and can present them in an organized, logical manner you will be treated fairly, regardless of idealogical differences.

    I'm one of at least two people on here that are registered as Democrats, although I don't think I've voted for a Democrat since Chris Carney got sadly voted out of Congress. I consider myself a Mountain Democrat. I'm somewhat liberal on some topics and I'm conservative as hell on others, frequently more conservative than many Republicans. That's the problem with lumping into groups based on names.

    The problem, as I see it, that you will be running into as I have is that, based on what you say your stated positions are on things, the Progressive left has taken themselves so far to the left that folks like me that were traditionally centrist are now being labeled by the Progressives as being Alt Right. Due to the fact that the Progressives have usurped the Democrat party, claiming to be affiliated with that party automatically gets you labelled as a Progressive even though you may not be. But some of us are too old to change our stripes. I'm still the same Democrat that I've always been. It's the Democrats that have changed (and not for the better), not me. I just understand that this is the situation and that I'm going to catch shit over it and I'm OK with that. This way I can have fun pissing off "conservatives" by telling them that I'm a Democrat, while at the same time I can enjoy pissing off Progressives by claiming to be a Democrat and a gun owner. Basically, I enjoy being a jerk.

    And for the record, there should be no preconditions on any rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights. You should no more be required to pass a test to own a gun than you should be required to have a permit to worship (or not worship).
    "How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessnes."

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,358
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: LIberal Gun Owner

    Well, Stickler. I've watched you squirm enough. Yes, there are others here who share a similar set of beliefs, more or less. We just don't go around trumpeting that fact since the majority here are rather conservative. At least they think they are.

    If you want to expand your knowledge of all things gun related, this place is a pretty good place to be. You just can't be thin-skinned snd expect to last here. There are good people here who would very literally give you the shirt off of their back if you needed one. They will also, however, tell you that you're full of shit in no uncertain terms if they believe you to be so. However, if you have actually thought through your arguments and can present them in an organized, logical manner you will be treated fairly, regardless of idealogical differences.

    I'm one of at least two people on here that are registered as Democrats, although I don't think I've voted for a Democrat since Chris Carney got sadly voted out of Congress. I consider myself a Mountain Democrat. I'm somewhat liberal on some topics and I'm conservative as hell on others, frequently more conservative than many Republicans. That's the problem with lumping into groups based on names.

    The problem, as I see it, that you will be running into as I have is that, based on what you say your stated positions are on things, the Progressive left has taken themselves so far to the left that folks like me that were traditionally centrist are now being labeled by the Progressives as being Alt Right. Due to the fact that the Progressives have usurped the Democrat party, claiming to be affiliated with that party automatically gets you labelled as a Progressive even though you may not be. But some of us are too old to change our stripes. I'm still the same Democrat that I've always been. It's the Democrats that have changed (and not for the better), not me. I just understand that this is the situation and that I'm going to catch shit over it and I'm OK with that. This way I can have fun pissing off "conservatives" by telling them that I'm a Democrat, while at the same time I can enjoy pissing off Progressives by claiming to be a Democrat and a gun owner. Basically, I enjoy being a jerk.

    And for the record, there should be no preconditions on any rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights. You should no more be required to pass a test to own a gun than you should be required to have a permit to worship (or not worship).
    "How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessnes."

  5. #85
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    16,764
    Rep Power
    21474865

    Default Re: LIberal Gun Owner

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Well, Stickler. I've watched you squirm enough. Yes, there are others here who share a similar set of beliefs, more or less. We just don't go around trumpeting that fact since the majority here are rather conservative. At least they think they are.

    If you want to expand your knowledge of all things gun related, this place is a pretty good place to be. You just can't be thin-skinned snd expect to last here. There are good people here who would very literally give you the shirt off of their back if you needed one. They will also, however, tell you that you're full of shit in no uncertain terms if they believe you to be so. However, if you have actually thought through your arguments and can present them in an organized, logical manner you will be treated fairly, regardless of idealogical differences.

    I'm one of at least two people on here that are registered as Democrats, although I don't think I've voted for a Democrat since Chris Carney got sadly voted out of Congress. I consider myself a Mountain Democrat. I'm somewhat liberal on some topics and I'm conservative as hell on others, frequently more conservative than many Republicans. That's the problem with lumping into groups based on names.

    The problem, as I see it, that you will be running into as I have is that, based on what you say your stated positions are on things, the Progressive left has taken themselves so far to the left that folks like me that were traditionally centrist are now being labeled by the Progressives as being Alt Right. Due to the fact that the Progressives have usurped the Democrat party, claiming to be affiliated with that party automatically gets you labelled as a Progressive even though you may not be. But some of us are too old to change our stripes. I'm still the same Democrat that I've always been. It's the Democrats that have changed (and not for the better), not me. I just understand that this is the situation and that I'm going to catch shit over it and I'm OK with that. This way I can have fun pissing off "conservatives" by telling them that I'm a Democrat, while at the same time I can enjoy pissing off Progressives by claiming to be a Democrat and a gun owner. Basically, I enjoy being a jerk.

    And for the record, there should be no preconditions on any rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights. You should no more be required to pass a test to own a gun than you should be required to have a permit to worship (or not worship).
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,358
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: LIberal Gun Owner

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Yeah, but I said it twice, so it's a double negative and, therefore, the truth!

    You can't argue with the maths.
    "How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessnes."

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    3,466
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: LIberal Gun Owner

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    The only proven, scientifically proven, solution to gun violence is the same for all violence-- reduction of poverty.
    Nope. Its actually education. That is also have "something" to do with reduction of poverty.
    Je suis déplorable

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dover, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    1,452
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: LIberal Gun Owner

    And the solution to a better education, and a reduction in violence, is parental involvement (from 2 parents). Unfortunately, some people believe the government can do everything, including parenting...
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: LIberal Gun Owner

    I missed out on this gem of a thread.
    I remember seeing it pop up and then not having the patience to read the opening rants.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chester County, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    3,737
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: LIberal Gun Owner

    The bottom line for me is that if you are "Liberal", "Progressive", and also vote Democrat, you are supporting the philosophy, and platform that is attempting to remove firearms only from the LAW ABIDING citizen. So feel free to practice whatever you want but know that you are actually promoting the destruction of a RIGHT you say you support.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Confessions of a Liberal Gun Owner...
    By Kabloosh in forum General
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: July 17th, 2014, 06:47 PM
  2. Transferring a rifle from owner to owner?
    By Bubba19056 in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 25th, 2012, 08:37 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 14th, 2009, 10:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops