Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: LIberal Gun Owner

First, thank you for your service and welcome to the forum. I hope you hang around so I can study you.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What other rights should require licenses or training? Should there be a license to speak your mind? How about a 100 question civics test before one can vote? Voting by the ignorant has done far more damage to this country than any firearm has.
    Oh I assure you he doesn't think he's ignorant. Quite the contrary. Libitarian without liberty. Just another phony gun supporter who is open to common sense gun solutions aka constant attrition of the people's rights until they have none. This is the b.s. propaganda that worked so well in 1933, 1968 and 1984. No thanks liberal, I'll keep my guns, my money and my God. You can have new Jersy and California. Take them and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    I wouldn't call it a screed--
    This is a screed.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Just go back to how the founders intended and limit it to land owners over 25 years old.
    Forget something?

Hint

Richard

Johnson

Willy

Fred

Jimmy

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Forget something?

Hint

Richard

Johnson

Willy

Fred

Jimmy
    The male bit? Its something of a misconception because female heads of household could vote as well. I would be fine with "one vote per household". Then again I would have no problem getting rid of women's suffrage, personal liberty has been eradicated in this country since we started letting them vote.

(Bucks County)

Wow.. thought there might a few others here. Definitely didn't think it was going to be a troll and flame festival.

Great first post!

Welcome to the forum!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Forget something?

Hint

Richard

Johnson

Willy

Fred

Jimmy
    The Traveling Willburys?

(Berks County)

Wow.. thought there might a few others here. Definitely didn't think it was going to be a troll and flame festival.

Like I said. Most of my family are liberal.. and most of them already own guns. I am serving overseas right now with the Air Force after twenty years in the Navy. Most of the liberals here are also pro-gun. I guess everyone is so busy making the other guy "the bad guy" you don't see us out there.

But I guess I am the idiot for looking to feel welcome on the forum and see what is out there. Maybe find some others with similar views on things. I guess I'll take my guns, go home and shut up since this is obviously not a very friendly place.

Sorry for wanting to join the club. My mistake for poking the hornet nest.

I didn't share my personal opinions-- just some of my families. But if you are ASKING for my opinion.. I think when you are making a purchase, you should have to read the laws of the state and answer a few basic questions. I don't think you need to pay for a course, but I think you should have to be able to answer the questions to demonstrate the basic safety knolwedge you would to shoot on a firing range. Maybe ten questions to ensure you know "the rules of the road" while you fill out your paper work. Doesn't even need to be a "license" like a card, but a "yes. This guy understands he can't do--- X" Read a pamphlet, or watch a ten minute video, then answer 15 questions of the laws of the state. I did it before I bought my first gun in Pennsylvania. Before I filled out the paperwork for conceal carry. Just seems logical that you should know your rights and responsibilities.

And if you want to ask this liberal about gun control-- here is my answer. The only proven, scientifically proven, solution to gun violence is the same for all violence-- reduction of poverty. People who have jobs tend not to rob and kill and go insane on their neighbors. The only secondary proven solution to stop gun deaths is to reduce suicides, which make up almost half of all gun deaths. So the "liberal" in me tries hard to work on those two issues.

There.. a liberal gun owner's point of view-- didn't come here to preach.. just was seeing who was around. Didn't come here originally to share my politics.. but since you asked.
    It seems you did come here to be political, nobody asked you out of the blue. You made your points. They are not libitarian. They are your opinion. You are allowed to have an opinion even if it's opposed to the bill of rights and Pennsylvania's constitution. As a member of the armed forces I do expect you to uphold those documents regardless of your opinion. Shall not be infringed and shall not be questioned are quite clear and shouldn't require much effort to understand.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Great first post!

Welcome to the forum!
    Yeah, this guy and that guy with the SGL mag limits. Both new members, both from Pittsburgh, both bozos that have made my ignore list in record time.

Hoo be feedin’ da trolls yo?

(Berks County)

You didn't read my thoughts on the matter.. my personal opinion was just a demonstration of understanding of gun safety and the law. didn't have to be a license.. just a questionaire.
    Who judges the answers?

Oh, we are all out of questionnaires, come back tomorrow.

The guy who askes the questions is out all week.

You must make an appointment, we are all booked up this year.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast