Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: YETI Drops NRA Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Now that feels like pandering.
    Maybe, but despite Yeti's backpedaling, they've relegated themselves to soccer moms and yuppies that shop at REI. The rest of the industry is rallying to scoop up the demographic they just abandoned.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by splink View Post
    I always laugh when I hear this type of question being asked. It's just like boycotting Chick Fil A because the owner doesn't share the same personal beliefs on marriage as you. That's a shame because the owner's beliefs don't affect you and you're missing out on the best "fast food" chicken sandwich and personal service in the industry.

I'm not sure about you guys but I have yet to ask the owner of GetGo or Sheetz how they line up with all of my personal and political views before I get gas and a coffee. I haven't checked with Verizon before I paid my cell phone bill either. hmm...

The point is that people may have a different viewpoint but I can still do business with them. Chick Fil A never said they don't want gay people in their stores. They never even said they don't like gay people. Dick's? They screwed Troy Industries by breaking an agreement with them and screwed a bunch of paying customers out of a heck of a deal. They have also done plenty since in regards to open statements showing their dislike of AR's. They certainly earned the hatred we give them.

If a company openly states that they have no desire to do business with gun owners or any fraction of gun owners, or the NRA, or posts a sign on the door saying no guns then I won't do business with them. That's easy. They don't WANT me spending money with them and I am happy to oblige. However, Yeti has openly stated their standing with the 2A and has no desire to stop doing business with the NRA so we should officially take them off the PAFOA Naughty List.
    My post was semi-tongue in cheek, but partially curious.
    Why? Because they mention "hunting" as a qualifier as being pro-2A.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a damned thing that shows their standing with regards to the 2A. Hence the "AR15 question".

Lots of people out there marching in DC to take guns from you and I are saying they "support" the 2A - "but NOT AR15s".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Oh look, they have Yeti Cooler at Dick's.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f...:&fPrevCatId:&

Good combination, overpriced yuppie cooler at Dicks. Why would any self respecting red blooded American buy one of those things in the first place? What ever happened to Igloo and Coleman coolers? The peach color lookths nice Keeps your Astroglide cool for those close encounters at the Ridley Creek State Park bathroom mens hook up.

Coleman coolers.

https://www.coleman.com/coleman-coolersandwaterjugs/

Igloo Coolers Made in USA.

https://www.igloocoolers.com/collect...ade-in-the-usa

Igloo posted a promotional code on Facebook that if you buy a cooler befor the end of April you get a free tumbler and they donate $10 to the NRA.

Someone at igloo understands marketing and is poised to fill in the vacuum left by Yeti.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Igloo posted a promotional code on Facebook that if you buy a cooler befor the end of April you get a free tumbler and they donate $10 to the NRA.

Someone at igloo understands marketing and is poised to fill in the vacuum left by Yeti.
    No shit?
    I'm impressed that Igloo would stick their neck out there like that in today's climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    No shit?
    I'm impressed that Igloo would stick their neck out there like that in today's climate.
    Everyone is. There are cooler manufacturers that I've never heard of coming out of the woodwork.

This will be the PR blunder of the year.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Everyone is. There are cooler manufacturers that I've never heard of coming out of the woodwork.

This will be the PR blunder of the year.
    It's almost as though marketing research shows that there are more conservatives that do outdoorsy stuff than liberal, gun haters.

LOL

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    RTIC posted this on their FB. Signaling their availability?

It's a shame RTIC's coolers are made in China and have an industry-worst warranty, otherwise I'd own one.
    I prefer to buy American made whenever I can, and don't mind spending a bit more to do so.
    Doesn't RTIC have enough faith in their own product to give more than a 1 year warranty? This isnt rocket science. It's a cooler, for Pete's sake!!

(Berks County)

No shit?
    It's almost as though marketing research shows that there are more conservatives that do outdoorsy stuff than liberal, gun haters.

LOL
    ^^^^^^^^^^ This, how many loony lefties do you see sporting Igloo products? But you'll see a big ol' Igloo on the back of most construction foreman's trucks and all over most job sites. They're not the galvanized models that they used to be but they're still prevalent.
    Last edited by Walleye Hunter; April 24th, 2018 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Oops, forgot a word
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post

Do you have a link to that promotion? I didn't see it when I looked at their Facebook page, but may have simply missed it
    Opera Non Verba

Dana said she's feeling like taking their tumblers out, filled with Tannerite this weekend.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast