Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: SGL range mag limits

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    No.
    Generally, I swap out to another 20 or 30 round magazine with 3 rounds loaded in it. I find it good practice for mag changes.
    If I want the range to go cold, I lock open my action, insert a chamber flag and step back from the bench. Other shooters who are shooting 3-rounds at a time see this and do the same. In short order, everyone notices and the range goes cold.

At my club range, the same process, except you can have someone shooting 30 rounds and so it can take a lot longer.
    Why not just call “cease fire”?

(Somerset County)

Quite a few years a back (early 2000's?), they proposed new range rules and asked for comments. The original proposal banned semi-autos from Gameland ranges. I believe the mag limits were the compromise, we got semi-autos at the ranges but with a mag limit. As I recall, the primary reason for the proposed ban was several of the high traffic ranges were getting shot up pretty bad due to high rates of fire and careless aiming (AKA mag dump).

Dale

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sig210 View Post
    This system works and it works well.
    Well, apparently it doesn’t work well, because you broke the magazine limit rule.

My experience with SGL 43 (Chester County) years ago is there were knuckleheads from DelCo who had no concept of safety or range rules. The last straw for me was walking back after hanging targets and seeing said knuckleheads fondling rifles that were aimed at me. I never went back, but heard things improved after the game commission imposed the range permit/hunting license rule.

By the way, you’re fortunate for the warning and deserved a citation.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Well, apparently it doesn’t work well, because you broke the magazine limit rule.

My experience with SGL 43 (Chester County) years ago is there were knuckleheads from DelCo who had no concept of safety or range rules. The last straw for me was walking back after hanging targets and seeing said knuckleheads fondling rifles that were aimed at me. I never went back, but heard things improved after the game commission imposed the range permit/hunting license rule.

By the way, you’re fortunate for the warning and deserved a citation.
    Do you drive 55 in a 55 zone?

(Allegheny County)

Do you drive 55 in a 55 zone?
    I don't. But I don't complain about it if I get a ticket. And I certainly wouldn't complain about a written warning.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't. But I don't complain about it if I get a ticket. And I certainly wouldn't complain about a written warning.

if gun control laws are passed would you stand in line to register or turn in your guns. It’s the law, right?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

what I am trying to get at is that just because there is a law or regulation doesn’t mean that it’s right.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    It's not a state rule.
    It's a PGC rule. They are a private entity (more or less)
    They own the ranges not the state, so they make the rules.

They are public ranges, however they PGC maintains that their primary focus is to provide a place for hunters to practice with their hunting arms, thus the rule.
    Like it or not. Fair or unfair that's the way it is.
    As GC stated above, the PGC is catering to its customer base, the "fire three shots, walk 200 yards crowd."

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

if gun control laws are passed would you stand in line to register or turn in your guns. It’s the law, right?
    When you bought your gun, did you tear up your unfilled 4473, throw it at the shop owner while yelling "Have you ever heard of something called the US Constitution Motherfucker?" then grab the gun and run home without ever completing your PICS check?

Let's not pretend like you're some 2A fundamentalist or something. The rule is one of the few that are clearly posted. You got caught, and got off one a warning instead of a $100+ fine. The range is there primarily for hunters to practice for an ethical shot. It is the Pennsylvania Game Commission after all. For game where there is a magazine limit, it is typically 3 (a duck plugged shotgun). If you don't like it, find somewhere else to shoot. I didn't like it, I went elsewhere and only go to the SGL range if I need to sight something in after work.

Wherever you end up, try and follow the rules there. I'm tired busting my ass only to find shot up TVs at my club.

This is a way for them to make money. They could care less about safety. This is obvious every time you go to the range. People are constantly doing stupid things that could wind up with people being shot and nobody gives a shit. Fire seven rounds instead of six and you are getting a fine.
    This used to possible me off. Now I just use it as an opportunity to practice more reloads.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast