Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: SGL range mag limits

Quote Originally Posted by Sig210 View Post
    Why not just call “cease fire”?
    Because there is a 3-round mag limit so no one is shooting without pause for all that long.
    IMHO, the "Cease Fire" command is just that, a command. It (again, IMHO) indicates that there is an emergency requiring everyone to immediately cease firing. It is not the same as the request "Can we make the range cold?".

(Bucks County)

what I am trying to get at is that just because there is a law or regulation doesn’t mean that it’s right.
    The rules of the SGL owned/ran ranges are very clear.

Your options as I see it:
    1-Abide by the rules
    2-Don’t abide by the rules and face warnings and fines
    3-Find somewhere else to shoot.

This isn’t that complicated, IMO.

2A doesn’t cover giving you the right to shoot anywhere you want. In the places you do shoot, their will always be rules. Follow them, or find somewhere else to shoot that has rules more aligned with your preference.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jkinpa1 View Post

1-Abide by the rules

2A doesn’t cover giving you the right to shoot anywhere you want. In the places you do shoot, their will always be rules. Follow them, or find somewhere else to shoot that has rules more aligned with your preference.
    I have chosen option #3, in part because of the rules and in part because of the idiots that precipitated the rules. Oh, plus the fees required to shoot there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I have chosen option #3, in part because of the rules and in part because of the idiots that precipitated the rules. Oh, plus the fees required to shoot there.

I agree with you and so I am a member at a private club near home. However, when I am in the Poconos to hunt, I often visit the Route 6 range near Hawley. Sometimes I will visit the French Creek range if I am hunting that area.

Wherever I am shooting, I follow the local rules of the range.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    When you bought your gun, did you tear up your unfilled 4473, throw it at the shop owner while yelling "Have you ever heard of something called the US Constitution Motherfucker?" then grab the gun and run home without ever completing your PICS check?

Let's not pretend like you're some 2A fundamentalist or something. The rule is one of the few that are clearly posted. You got caught, and got off one a warning instead of a $100+ fine. The range is there primarily for hunters to practice for an ethical shot. It is the Pennsylvania Game Commission after all. For game where there is a magazine limit, it is typically 3 (a duck plugged shotgun). If you don't like it, find somewhere else to shoot. I didn't like it, I went elsewhere and only go to the SGL range if I need to sight something in after work. The “ range is primarily for hunters”?

Wherever you end up, try and follow the rules there. I'm tired busting my ass only to find shot up TVs at my club.
    You do know that 4473s are kept by the FFL and not given to a government entity. I got my warning at the pistol range. How many people hunt with Glocks, 1911s,CZ75s, Springfield Xds or Sig 938s?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Because there is a 3-round mag limit so no one is shooting without pause for all that long.
    IMHO, the "Cease Fire" command is just that, a command. It (again, IMHO) indicates that there is an emergency requiring everyone to immediately cease firing. It is not the same as the request "Can we make the range cold?".
    The “cease fire” command is for emergencies or just normal stoppages of fire.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jkinpa1 View Post

1-Abide by the rules

Good thing that the Founding Fathers didn’t have your attitude!

(Montgomery County)

The “cease fire” command is for emergencies or just normal stoppages of fire.

I’ve only ever heard it used in urgent situations.
    The response is to get mmediately get your finger off the trigger. Keep muzzle in a safe direction. Assess the situation. Clear the chamber and mag, open action, bench the weapon. Await further instruction from the Safety Officer.

It’s not a command used to change targets. That would be Make The Range Safe or Cold. It is a more low key non-urgent command.

(Venango County)

I used to just say, "Clear". This indicates my cease fire condition and clearing of my firearm and the desire to check targets. I also then step back a pace or two from the firing line / table. Others usually went clear after finishing their current ammo and we'd all go down range together or step back while the others checked.

Now I finally have some of my own space to shoot. The rules were too much. Always the idiots are driving rules of behavior on the law abiding, grrr. (Such as 'reasonable' gun control!)

I just assumed the limits were because of excess damage to target holders etc. and the fact the PGC ranges are for sighting-in rather than recreation or practice. But I have seen some idiocy going on at public spaces, too.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Allegheny County)

Mag limits, no Sunday hunting,and no semi autos for hunting. Why are Pa laws so Byzantine? If there is another state in the country with these ridiculous laws I am not aware of it. This isn’t 1960!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast