Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: Open carry (without a permit) question

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I've got a feeling you're hedging just a bit about what your full intentions are. Unless you are asking about "open carry" while at the range you're using to provide legal cover, which seems odd.

You can't "legally" transport to the range, then open carry here and there, and then return home "from the range". The law allows directly to/from the range with no other stops or destinations. Merely making it the first stop on your travels doesn't clear you to OC the rest of the time you're here.
    Wouldn't that line of thinking also nullify any nonresident permits used by New Jersey residents before the attorney general changed the remaining agreements this week? The only thing I am doing differeng is avoiding concealed carry because such is no longer an option.
    I understand your point about the New Jersey exceptions, which I know is not explicitly stated but is implied that it is for people while in New Jersey. Thus, I question how much (if any) force of law New Jersey has for actions that take place in another state.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Wouldn't that line of thinking also nullify any nonresident permits used by New Jersey residents before the attorney general changed the remaining agreements this week? The only thing I am doing differeng is avoiding concealed carry because such is no longer an option.
    It would, and because PA is currently under a state of emergency (and likely will be for the forseeable future), "OC on foot" is no longer the answer - resident or not.

This is why I asked the question....there are lots of folks out there who think they are tiptoeing through a series of technicalities/loopholes to stay legal (which I fully support), but because of the totality of the circumstances, and the complexity of the laws, many of them are missing the "I'm still technically legal" mark. Do what you wish, just please be aware of the risks and legal realities, which can literally change with the stroke of a polititician's pen.

Completely agreed, noting that we currently ARE under a SoE, so OC on foot currently is regulated.

If my thoughts about his "invalid" PA LTCF are accurate, he's ok. If he's right about it being "invalid", then he's got a problem - with PA, not NJ.
    After all this discussion, I realize that open carry is currently off limits for me at this time and I do appreciate you reminding me of that. And no, I was not planning on using my old PA lfcf, nor have I since I moved.

(Allegheny County)

My daughter got a pa LTCF and as soon as she moved from pa into nc, it was no longer valid - since she was no longer considered a resident of PA She would now be residing in nc - now a resident there and would need to start over

I am really confused with a Resident of nj using an old invalid pa LTCF. That became invalid when he moved out of PA I would believe.!??

This issue has so many people confused and I keep getting people talking about lock boxes without a LTCF and in a vehicle (not moving from above to abode) This legal/not legal issue needs much clarification !!!!
    Last edited by Just1more; April 21st, 2018 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    My daughter got a pa LTCF and as soon as she moved from pa into nc, it was no longer her valid - since she was no longer considered a resident of PA She would now be residing in nc - now a resident there and would need to start over

I am really confused with a Resident of nj using an old invalid pa LTCF. That became invalid when he moved out of PA I would believe.!??

This issue has so many people confused and I keep getting people talking about lock boxes without a LTCF and in a vehicle (not moving from above to abode) This legal/not legal issue needs much clarification !!!!
    I have not used a PA ltcf since I moved due to residency.change

(Franklin County)

I have not used a PA ltcf since I moved due to residency.change
    Is there something specific in the law that leads you to believe it is no longer valid?

(Berks County)

Head spinning.

Is there something specific in the law that leads you to believe it is no longer valid?
    I was actually just going to ask that. From what you said on a previous post it sounds like it is valid.until expired or revoked. In that case, it is valid until November. Yes.....in trying to be.careful I was making an assumption that it is no longer valid. I am all ears for info that would brighten my day to find out if it is still valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Head spinning.
    I am totally totally open to being wrong about my PA ltcf assumption...

(Franklin County)

I am totally totally open to being wrong about my PA ltcf assumption...
    A Google image search will result in some results of a PA LTCF that contain the following text in the upper left:
    "PENNSYLVANIA LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARMS"
    "Valid until expiration date indicated unless revoked"

My current license does not contain this text, but there have been no changes in the law surrounding this that I'm aware of, which is why I asked if there was something you were seeing that you based your own assumption on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast