Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Philadelphia Open Carry Loophole

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    What would Hobson Mckown do?
    Start talking about himself in the 3rd person while alienating every person on the board.

Where did the OP go? To Betsons for furniture.....
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Philadelphia County)

Betsons lol.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    So again I ask, what is the intended point of the OP.
    What end result is supposed to be achieved with this exercise?
    mjr hoch.jpg
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

There are many "loopholes" in the various gun laws around the country. The problem is when someone tries to slip through one it can close instantly and strangle the poor shlub. My suggestion is to try and get the laws rewritten so the average person can understand them. I also think most should be stricken completely.

I say fight it head on so you can see what is coming.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    My as yet unanswered comment was made for a reason.
    Many uninformed people read these threads looking for information and advice.
    It is both irresponsible and dangerous to intentionally or unintentionally post legal jargon that may get someone into legal jeopardy, hurt, or killed.
    If the OP is meant as an intellectual exercise then so be it, but there is a responsibility to make that clear in the original post.
    If the OP is meant to convince uninformed people to play with the law and get hurt or killed as a result, then it needs to be clarified as such by other informed posters.
    I went ahead and added a disclaimer to the OP for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Joseph what is the intent of your post? Are you planning to visit Philly?
    I just think it's interesting that there's such a loophole in the law.

And yes I visit quite often because my aunt is from philly and all her family still lives there and why I was just doing research into the law.

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    There are many "loopholes" in the various gun laws around the country. The problem is when someone tries to slip through one it can close instantly and strangle the poor shlub. My suggestion is to try and get the laws rewritten so the average person can understand them. I also think most should be stricken completely.

I say fight it head on so you can see what is coming.
    That is true, yet doing that you can win and get results like Illinois, where even when all carry was completely illegal; People noticed the wording in the law banning all carry where the the legislature left an exemption allowing people to transport unloaded guns in cases, because common sense; But because it didn't actually give the definition of a case, in 2000, after a case in 1996 seemingly validated this theory, they took it and ran, and started carrying unloaded guns in fanny packs, backpacks, cellphone cases, purses; and guess what happened? Some of them got arrested but in almost every single case they won at various levels up until 2009 it finally made it to the Illinois Supreme Court when it ruled it is perfectly legal to carry a unloaded handgun in a case, and any type of object that fully encloses a item, and closes in some manner even if it's just a zipper or a button meets the definition of a case for the law.

Meanwhile on the other hand you get cases like Arkansas regarding open carry, in 2013 they amended their carry law changing the wording of it slightly which technically removed the outright prohibition on open carry, but that said until 2015 it was a 50/50 gray area with even people with carry licenses to carry getting arrested and convicted of unlawful carry because they open carried when they only possessed a conceal carry license; in 2015 there was a new AG in office who said Open Carry is technically legal but don't do it; as recently as last summer when I asked the police about it, I got conflicting Answers from various agencies, with the best and most honest answer I got being this Pulaski county (where the State Capital is) Sheriff, who told me it was simply a gray area, and it's up to the cop, and the feeling of the judge who resides over the case; Finally this year the Governor (who's running for reelection against someone who is calling for full constitutional carry funny enough) declared open carry is legal and publically issued a order to the state police to that effect.
    Last edited by JosephDeNueces; April 21st, 2018 at 10:21 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123