So I'm coming up on renewal of my LCTF very soon (end of June), and I figured I'd talk to Jon Mirowitz, as I was on ARD within the past 5 years. Before anyone decides to be a keyboard cowboy and tell me how irresponsible it was, I know. However, I also know the vast majority of people get behind the wheel after a few drinks, so please save your judgement. I paid the penalty, and learned my lesson. I actually don't drink at all anymore. The risk outweighs the reward, and I take away no satisfaction from it.

So I spoke with Mr. Mirowitz and explained to him the situation, and he said I should be fine, as ARD itself is not grounds to deny, nor is it grounds to deny on the character clause. I did however find it odd that he informed me that during the interview process, when the officer asks if I've ever been arrested or have any type of expungement, he told me I should be truthful and answer yes, because in fact I did. He alleges that one can be denied for failure to disclose. I explained to him about the notice on the Philly PD's site regarding expungements & pardons, and he stated he never heard of it. I went on to tell him that the notice was a result of the 2014 lawsuit, he immediately interjected and said "I was a part of the plaintiff counsel". Maybe he was, I don't know for sure. So please refer to the notice which can be found here http://www.phila.gov/InformationCent...s/Firearm.aspx before reading on.

So here is my real issue. I am not sure what can still be seen after the expungement, because lets face it, nothing is really ever gone. I'm actually wondering if I was instructed by Mr. Mirowitz to answer "yes" and divulge I had an ARD expungement just so I can get denied and have to pay Mr. Mirowitz 3k to appeal? I honestly don't remember what was on the questionaire, because it was 5 years ago. Has anyone renewed or went and applied for their LCTF. @gunlawyer001, should I divulge the ARD?

Fat Beard in Philly