Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: concealed carry in school used as church

If it's a building owned by the school district and routinely used by students, then it's a school building, and the restrictions of PA and federal law kick in.

There is a "lawful purpose" exception under PA law, and there's a blanket exemption for PA LTCF holders under federal law, but judges are split on how broad the PA exception is; I won the first case where it was used (search for the "Chris Anfuso case" here on PAFOA), there was one other win later. It can be expensive to be vindicated. I would not lightly carry a gun into a school building, even as a law-abiding citizen.

That being said, schools are a favorite target of lunatics precisely because they are "gun free zones", and all potential victims are unarmed and can be killed at will until cops with guns show up. So try to rent some other facility where your Constitutional rights aren't stolen from you.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Where the hell do new posters come up with this crap? Is it a test?
    If Shaneen Allen posted a thread about going to NJ while carrying her handgun because she has a PA LTCF, and whether that was legal, would you have responded in the same way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lancaster County)

Where the hell do new posters come up with this crap? Is it a test?
    People have questions, people come here for answers because over all this forum has a large diverse group of people that can provide the correct answers quickly. How about we don't attack new users just because you don't want be bothered answering a question.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

This is the kind of quote I was talking about. I am have a strong suspicion the OP is a troll...........If he is he must be feeling all tingly inside because he just got someone on this forum to advocate something illegal.

Don't feed people like this.
    Huh,oh please

(Lancaster County)

This is the kind of quote I was talking about. I am have a strong suspicion the OP is a troll...........If he is he must be feeling all tingly inside because he just got someone on this forum to advocate something illegal.

Don't feed people like this.
    Well, it would appear that you're wrong after checking into the user account. Your suspicion is completely unfounded. I won't go into details about what I found, but the person doesn't have any of the typical criteria of being a troll.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Well, it would appear that you're wrong after checking into the user account. Your suspicion is completely unfounded. I won't go into details about what I found, but the person doesn't have any of the typical criteria of being a troll.
    Fair enough. After thinking about it more and also thinking about some of the points others her brought up. I rushed judgement and was wrong.

Sorry to The OP. I hope you stick around, there is a lot of information here. We are a good group with only an occasional jerk (and this time it was me)

(Lancaster County)

Fair enough. After thinking about it more and also thinking about some of the points others her brought up. I rushed judgement and was wrong.

Sorry to The OP. I hope you stick around, there is a lot of information here. We are a good group with only an occasional jerk (and this time it was me)
    In the future, and this goes for everyone, if you have concerns, PM me, or one of the other staff members instead of calling out a new user.

k?

^ Yeah, we're not going to be able to expand our community here if we attack and accuse every new user. Then we'll complain about more gun owners not joining our cause.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

I believed the question to be one of those that is need of an answer. Even though Gunlawyer has won at least one case involving this situation it's still a pretty dicey situation. As I've posted in other threads the government backed DA's and Judge can punish you without sending you to jail by bankrupting you defending yourself. This is an option they have if they know they are in the wrong against the law. These criminals that call themselves the Judicial system are free to use unlimited resources to enforce their tyrannical views without any repercussion. Think about that if you are considering being a test case. Leftist tyranny is a scary thing today because they believe that any means justify the ends.

Schools are free kill zones at this point because of the lack of protection and this is on purpose. Leftists prefer that your children be offered up as sacrifices to promote their communist agenda of having control over your life from cradle to grave.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

Ok, you might be right. Just so sick of first time posters with their outlandish scenarios looking for us to come up with loopholes in the law.

To the OP........NO, you can't carry in a school building just because there are no kids there.
    I would suggest that there is more to it than that. If you are saying that kids not being present does not change the law, I agree. If you are making a blanket statement that carrying a gun in a school being illegal at all times I disagree.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast