Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Be careful of the net nannies.

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    . So I'm on Reddit.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

I always thought Reddit was just for Women.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Allegheny County)

Nope there is a lot of pro trump boards operating over there. Although some of the best woman's boards can be a howl.

Take Stupidslutsclub it's Penthouse letters for chicks.

There are chick boards for relationships and dating over there that can be quite entertaining.

I'm constantly being put into facebook jail

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Why does that matter to you? They are comments from bots on the internet. Delete them. Stop going to annoying sites.
    +1
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

Didn't Reddit recently have a hissy fit about guns and ban discussion of them, or some such crap?

Never used it other than to end up there after doing a Google search for something.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I always thought Reddit was just for Women.
    Try nfa in the search on reddit. Just learned about it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Didn't Reddit recently have a hissy fit about guns and ban discussion of them, or some such crap?

Never used it other than to end up there after doing a Google search for something.
    No see my above post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Try nfa in the search on reddit. Just learned about it.
    Ok Ill check it out.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    Make one innocent joke about guns and the net Nazi's come after you. So I'm on Reddit and make a joke about guns and these idiots go freaking psycho on me.

One poster said you sure on that comment I'm fine with it but you're putting a bullseye on yourself to be a patsy. I deleted the one sentence that might be offending and that was yesterday morning. This morning I wake up to the firestorm of a couple net Nazi's. Seems one dug though my archived comments and pulled out that one sentence which I deleted yesterday.

Then blew it totally out of proportion and again winding up the rest of the anti-gunners. I'm going from an innocent snarky comment in an overall very pro law enforcement comment to, I'm now planning on doing a mass shooting. A couple of the liberal net Nazi's said they reported me to the board owner and local authorities. I'm pretty sure at this point it didn't happen since I was never contacted by any of the mods on the board and not one of my posts in the thread (>100 comments) was deleted.

So I spent my morning getting out in front of this just in case. I got to sit down with some really great police officers from the City, County and the two chief of police by where I live. No one knew anything about it so typical liberal empty threats. County detectives said if anyone reported my online comments to anyone in the county they or my local police dept would have already been aware of it.

I told them about my deleted comment and all of them said that isn't anywhere close to being a threat.

Just letting you guys know outside this board be really careful what you say about guns.
    Dude.... you have no idea how crazy a lot of the idiots are on that site.

I started driving a few hours a week for Uber a few months ago just to see if it was worth it (havent gone back in 3 weeks) and I made a comment in the uber sub reddit about how I dont give two shits about Uber's no weapon policy (it was in response to a comment someone made about a driver being assaulted). It's my car, which is basically my home when I am in it, and just because I enter into a minor agreement with them as a middle man and pick up strangers in my car doesn't mean I have to disarm myself. Sure, they can obviously fire me if they found out - it's their company - but I could care less.

After I made that comment this insane NUT job took a screen shot of my comment and then made a thread in that forum with its title in all caps about a driver packing weapons and shit. He was triggered so bad that he made this thread - and actually 75% of the people shot him down and agreed with me. I didn't care at all - I made the comment and I stood by it. I thought it was hilarious that he got so fucking butt hurt by it.

It gets better.

That was a week ago. Over the past week when I pop on the site for a few minutes I see this guy has dug through my entire comment history and made 10 different thread topics about comments I made in the pro gun sub reddits. He posted them on various different subs and pretty much got shot down again like 8 out of 10 times by the people who responded. I couldn't have cared less, I saw them and laughed and moved on. One of the ones he took a screenshot of was a rant I made about anti AR and anti standard capacity mag people and how I was just fucking fed up with all the bullshit. So that one obviously got some traction and other people jumped on and said some retarded shit. Apparently I'm the whacko because I don't think semi autos and 30 round mags should be banned. Again, I don't give two shits and I stand by all my opinions, even the rants.

This nut case though has basically been stalking comments I've made there for an entire week, literally obsessed with me. He took a screen shot of a comment I made weeks ago in the CCW sub about how I carry my g19 when I go to the movies and what holster I use etc etc. He made some thread about a "romantic date" and was asking how my date went with my girlfriend and all this creepy shit because he was so offended that I talked about carrying my piece to the movies. Obviously I didn't respond... just laughed and felt bad for him.

Seriously. There are literal fucking lunatics over there man. It's hilarious but fucking sad. Fuck with them for a second and tell them how retarded and pussy they are then move on and forget about. They're a bunch of pathetic losers that have nothing better to do...

But as far as them "reporting you" to authorities that is total bullshit. Unless you have told anyone your real name there then there's nothing they can really do. They're just bullshitting you. The only way a site admin would actually get your IP and email and take it further is if you made a legitimate threat to someone. They would have deleted your comment and sent you a message why it was deleted.
    Last edited by JW1914; April 25th, 2018 at 01:35 PM.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast