Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default The Anti-Gunners Are Kicking Our Asses Right Now

This is what Military Arms Channel says about this video:

"The anti-gunners are anything but stupid, and they're kicking our asses right now. None of the major pro-gun groups are equipped to fight at the grassroots and corporate level like the anti-gunners are. The antigun forces have been working on this tactical shift for years."

"We're not fighting their insurgency and we're losing, badly. It's time to make your voices heard folks and change our own tactics. What Tucker Carlson tell you in this episode should jolt you off your couch and into taking political action."

(Perry County)

Default Re: The Anti-Gunners Are Kicking Our Asses Right Now

I'm going to say I disagree and here's why. We are the masters of grassroots activism. What we're seeing from the grabbers is astroturfing. They used the Parkland shooting, some "charismatic" kids and butt-load of money to organize a so called organic protest.

We don't need to march. We need to do what we always do which is track legislation closely and pound our legislators when anything threatens our freedom. I don't buy into the gloom and doom that seems to come about every time there is a mass shooting with everyone screaming the sky is falling. I'm confident we will easily fend off anything until January. We'll have to work hard to win as many seats in November as we can and then reassess after the dust settles.

It certainly didn't help that a portion of us were demonizing the NRA when this all started. Like them or not, they are still the biggest fighter in this match.

As other news surfaces, this will slowly sink from the news cycle. Hogg and his cronies will disappear. Some companies will not be our friends, others will be happy to take up the slack because we still have a lot of money and the gun industry is an economic powerhouse.

I'm curious to see how the 04/20 walkout goes. It seems to be much less hyped, much less embraced. Kids have moved on to prom and end of year activities. We'll see.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

I like your optimism unclejumbo and I hope you are right. The left is noisy but they also thought that they had election 2016 in the bag, we all know how that went for them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

I'm with UncleJ on this one, he summed it up fairly well.
    I would just add that our challenge today is to politically activate all gun owners into an effective and overpowering voting block.
    This has always been our problem, and it is more critical now given current events and the money being spent to destroy the 2A.
    If we lose this battle it will be because gun owners refused to stand up and be counted.
    Now is the time people, defend your gun rights in the political arena or lose them forever.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

What needs to be said that most of the crimes are caused by those in their teens to 35, not to mention those in their 40's up. Women, the elderly and the handicap are totally helpless when attacked by teens, those in their 20's, 30's especially spousal violence, You will be beaten, raped, assaulted and murdered and there is nothing you can do about it. Well at least you may be able to call the cops.....AFTER THEY GET DONE WITH YOU.

Carrying a cane, whistle, even a knife when physically attacked is useless, especially of there's more than one attacker. The ONLY EFFECTIVE TOOL that can save you, is a firearm. These clueless teenagers willfully want to give up their rights, thinking their safe. Thank God they don't vote....YET.

I opened a Karate business back in the 70's, every once in a while I get a new student who had a couple of years of "self-defense" courses. I tell her, I'm going to walk up to you and take you down on the ground, you defend yourself. I walk up and rapidly grabbed her hair and her face, to simulate a slap, and twisted them and carefully guided her on the floor. She cried. After a quite awhile she calmed down, I said if an attacker comes up behind you, he will grab your hair and give a hard open hand slap across your ears and drag you away. She never came back, and neither has any other women who came from self-defense or Karate classes. They couldn't face the reality.
    Last edited by ideaman; April 18th, 2018 at 06:42 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    This is what Military Arms Channel says about this video:

"The anti-gunners are anything but stupid, and they're kicking our asses right now. None of the major pro-gun groups are equipped to fight at the grassroots and corporate level like the anti-gunners are. The antigun forces have been working on this tactical shift for years."

"We're not fighting their insurgency and we're losing, badly. It's time to make your voices heard folks and change our own tactics. What Tucker Carlson tell you in this episode should jolt you off your couch and into taking political action."

Yeah, that's nice.

We'll see if they're right. I tend to doubt it.

Isn't a time for complacency that's for sure. Isn't a time for surrender either.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I'm curious to see how the 04/20 walkout goes. It seems to be much less hyped, much less embraced. Kids have moved on to prom and end of year activities. We'll see.
    The NEA have been for "gun control" since the 1980s. What bugs me is how parents tolerate their kids being used by a nationwide Union for political purposes.

If a Conservative group dragooned kids out onto the street for Pro-Life demonstrations the Mediots would be outaged. Gun control? That's just a "good cause" for these control freaks.

(Beaver County)

The democratic strategy to retake the House in 2018 and impeach Trump, It is the Conner Lamb Program, they are going to run young veterans that pose as moderates, promise jobs, low health costs, support the 2nd, etc.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    The democratic strategy to retake the House in 2018 and impeach Trump, It is the Conner Lamb Program, they are going to run young veterans that pose as moderates, promise jobs, low health costs, support the 2nd, etc.
    Conner Lamb was hand picked. The rest will have to win primaries.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    Rahm Emmanuel did this in 2006. He encouraged "blue dog" Democrats like Conner Lamb to run for Congress in "conservative" districts. Enough of them won to elect radicals like Nancy Pelosi into power. She proceeded to sabotage Bush.

I am not convinced that the Republicans could lose Congress. Trump is working damn hard on alienating gun owners. The Democrats are earning a lot of money to run primaries.

Let's see how foolish Trump and the GOP can be before this fall. They may yet pull off a close win.