Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default At least Britain has crossbows, woman defends herself

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...anstopper.html

Is this Britain's TOUGHEST gran? Ex-Thai boxer, 49, shoots machete-wielding thug with her CROSSBOW nicknamed ‘Manstopper’ after armed yobs burst into her home
    Anji Rhys, 49, shot the intruder at her home in Dunstable, Bedfordshire
    Survivalist said she thought there was an explosion when her door was kicked in
    Ms Rhys' son Dillon was pinned to the floor by the thugs but they quickly left
    Unlike Richard Osborn-Brooks, she was not arrested as no one reported attack
    By Dianne Apen-sadler For Mailonline

Published: 18:34 EDT, 17 April 2018 | Updated: 20:15 EDT, 17 April 2018

Anji Rhys, 49, shot an intruder with a crossbow nicknamed 'Manstopper' after a gang wielding machetes broke into her home in Dunstable, Bedfordshire
    Anji Rhys, 49, shot an intruder with a crossbow nicknamed 'Manstopper' after a gang wielding machetes broke into her home in Dunstable, Bedfordshire

A grandmother has revealed that she shot a masked thug with a crossbow after a gang wielding machetes burst into her home after mistaking it for a drugs den.

Anji Rhys, 49, grabbed the weapon, nicknamed 'Manstopper', when the four intruders broke in to her home in Dunstable, Bedfordshire, yesterday.

The weapons fan leapt into action after they broke in while she was watching TV, reports the Sun.

The ex-Thai boxer said: 'One tried to grab me but I shot him in the belly. Then they ran.

'I hit one in the belly at close range. He shouted, "You f***ing b****! You shot me!"'

Ms Rhys said she thought there had been explosion when she heard her door was being kicked in.

She added: 'I ran to see and was met by a masked man with a hammer. He was about 6ft 6in with a blue bandana hiding his face.

'The gang chased me into the living room so I grabbed my crossbow from the wall. I had a tussle with a second man with a machete, a skinny man who walked with a stoop.

'He went to grab the bow but I managed to spin and shoot him in the belly with it at close range. He fell on me, cutting my hand with the machete. I remember seeing there was blood over the floor.'

The group soon fled but not before pinning her son Dillon to the floor.

Ms Rhys is a weapons fan and has plenty of other weapons to defend herself with including a knife and torch she keeps by her bed
    Ms Rhys is a weapons fan and has plenty of other weapons to defend herself with including a knife and torch she keeps by her bed

Unlike Richard Osborn-Brooks, she was not arrested after the attack because no one had come forward to report it.

Mr Osborn-Brooks stabbed Henry Vincent, 37, after he tried to burgle his home last week while the pensioner's wife, who has dementia, was in the property in Hither Green, south east London.

He was arrested on suspicion of murder but just two days later was told he would no face no further action.

Officers did however confiscate the bow she used to defend her son and partner Rebecca McCarvel.

Ms Rhys has left her job at a call centre because injuries to her head, hand and legs.

As a survivalist, Ms Rhys has plenty of other weapons to defend herself with including a knife and torch she keeps by her bed.

Ms Rhys added: 'We need to pay much more attention to protecting ourselves, our homes and families.'

A Bedfordshire police spokesperson told the Sun: 'We were called to reports of a burglary. Four men had forced entry armed with weapons. The occupant confronted the men and they fled after a short altercation.

'The victim told police she shot one intruder with a crossbow but we have so far been unable to trace any injured party.'

Default Re: At least Britain has crossbows, woman defends herself

Good for her. She needs a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Good for her. She needs a firearm.
    Yep.... but Britain.

The idea that a resident can’t have the best weapon possible to defend themselves boggles my mind. And the intruder called her a bitch for shooting him when he was the creep breaking into her home.

(Allegheny County)

Sad that a woman can't level the playing field in that piss poor excuse for a nation.

She got lucky that the others ran. There was nothing from stopping them from chopping her head off.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Sad that a woman can't level the playing field in that piss poor excuse for a nation.

She got lucky that the others ran. There was nothing from stopping them from chopping her head off.
    I just don’t get a government wanting to give criminals a leg up on honest citizens. And I don’t get Americans thinking that way either.

Seriously Criminals = bad. Honest citizen=good.

The equation to me is clearly enable the honest citizen. But so many seem to think the equation equals enabling the criminal. Simply mind boggling .

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    It took me a minute to remember that in Bringlish 'torch' means flashlight. I was wondering what kind of castle this lady lived in that lit torches and crossbows were on the walls. What's sad is that it refers to the flashlight as a weapon, which means its only a matter of time before they try to ban them.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NShortino View Post
    It took me a minute to remember that in Bringlish 'torch' means flashlight. I was wondering what kind of castle this lady lived in that lit torches and crossbows were on the walls.
    Brigantine?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Montgomery County)

It took me a minute to remember that in Bringlish 'torch' means flashlight. I was wondering what kind of castle this lady lived in that lit torches and crossbows were on the walls. What's sad is that it refers to the flashlight as a weapon, which means its only a matter of time before they try to ban them.
    I wonder how they got past her moat? I am surprised that crossbows are not outlawed, well they may be soon to go with the torch.

(Lehigh County)

Isn't that one of the multi D cell Maglights better attributes? Covered by the lifetime guarantee if you break it over the bad guy's head. (or whatever)
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Isn't that one of the multi D cell Maglights better attributes? Covered by the lifetime guarantee if you break it over the bad guy's head. (or whatever)
    Such items will probably soon be prohibited over there.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast