Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Restraining Orders

From what I know in the state of PA if somebody files a restraining order against you that you lose your gun rights. You are expected to turn in any guns you've got and you are prohibited from buying more guns. Now, I know there's some very dangerous people out there who should not have access to guns but the problem with this is some people might have restraining orders filed against them that they don't deserve. Im not too knowledgeable on this but supposedly restraining orders are quite easy to file. For the record I do not have any restraining orders filed against me nor is there any reason anybody would file one against me but if they're so easy to file than people could easily have their rights violated.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Restraining Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    For the record I do not have any restraining orders filed against me .

Are you asking for a friend?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

From what I know in the state of PA if somebody files a restraining order against you that you lose your gun rights. You are expected to turn in any guns you've got and you are prohibited from buying more guns. Now, I know there's some very dangerous people out there who should not have access to guns but the problem with this is some people might have restraining orders filed against them that they don't deserve. Im not too knowledgeable on this but supposedly restraining orders are quite easy to file. For the record I do not have any restraining orders filed against me nor is there any reason anybody would file one against me but if they're so easy to file than people could easily have their rights violated.
    That happened to my brother...and that ain't no trucker's story either.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Monroe County)

Cool Story Bro...
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Philadelphia County)

Happened to me, in MA. No evidence was brought against me but the judge said he “wanted to be safe” so she got one. The police took everything. I had about 15 firearms, thousands of rounds, and a reloading workshop. I paid an ffl to go to the police and take everything and store it for me. He did it for hardly any money because I had spent about 10k in his shop. He told me he had a section in a warehouse dedicated to storing guns just for this situation, and it happens a lot.

I sold off the reloading equipment, and the ammo. The ffl sold off some of the collection that I wanted to get rid of. I eventually got everything back but I didn’t see a gun for over a year. Years later I am still in litigation to recoup some losses. The story ain’t all bad, I eventually got my rights back then got the remaining arms in my collection. I also learned some hard lessons as well. Because it was MA, my ltc got suspended but That did not hinder getting an ltc here in PA.

To protect yourself you should have a lawyer on retainer, a good rapport with an ffl, and a trust set up to protect whatever you have. Oh yeah and keep cool.

(Schuylkill County)

The bigger picture is that liberals can start to use left leaning activist judges to use restraining orders to mess up gun owners just for spite. Its like swatting. Get your neighbor, your daughter's boyfriend, some guy at work who you found out is an NRA member, or that guy you saw in the park playing with his kid and open carrying with a gun related T-shirt. In this climate, guns will be taken "as a precaution" and "gun enthusiasts" are the number one target.

(Chester County)

I see it often. A guy cheats on his girlfriend and she puts a PFA on him and claims she was abused.

Long story short, don’t stick your dick in crazy.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Luzerne County)

Happened to my brother. Him and his wife are going through some issues. He got a PFA against her last year, but dropped it. Well, said issues continued this year. She went and got a PFA against my brother, although there was no evidence or even a reason to get one. She just went and filed some BS reason and got the temporary PFA. Sheriffs showed up and took possession of his one handgun and even his bow.

At the PFA hearing, the PFA was tossed! There was no evidence of any type of violence or threat of violence coming from my brother and he also had primary custody of their children!! But instead of being able to walk down to the sheriffs office and get his gun & bow, he had to file paperwork with the courts and wait another two weeks to have yet another hearing where he was allowed to get his things.

I told him that is the way the "system" works. It suck! If they can take his things based on the PFA, the second it's tossed he should have been able to take paperwork down and get his things, but apparently the PA State Police have to sign off on the "okay" too. :/

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    Are you asking for a friend?
    Why did you make that post?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast