Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Restraining Orders

I had this happen to me. My first wife and I separated and I woke up one morning to the Police knocking on my door. She stood there teary eyed and handed me the PFA. They took all my guns right then and there. I went before the judge, a woman, and I had no chance. The PFA was written on lies as she was being coached by her new ex-con boyfriend. The PFA was for 18 months. No judge is going to deny a PFA from a woman as they dont want to have blood on their hands in case the guy is psycho, it would ruin their career. I had her remove the PFA in order to have the divorce finalized, I was without guns for about a year. I have renewed my ltcf three times since then. I had a deputy help me carry a few guns to the car.

She was a bipolar lunatic that didnt get along very well with her family. She hit 40 and went really crazy. I recently friended on Facebook, her best friend from childhood and a maid of honor in our wedding. She hasnt talked to her in 15 years, she thinks she's a loon too. I went to give blood one time and they questioned the claw marks on my arm from her. I am so glad she is out of my life.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    I will give you a hypothetical situation. Lets say you've got an ex girlfriend. You dated her for awhile but never lived together. Then you dump her. She doesn't like being dumped so she wants to get even with you and so she files a restraining order against you. She tells a judge you would hit her even though you never lifted a finger to her she lies and tells that to the judge so the judge lets her file the restraining order and there go your gun rights.
    Anything can happen in Hypotheticalville. I don't see that. I avoid crazy at this point in my life. After 8 years with the GF, we look at things (even breaking up) as adults. Stable* is a wonderful attribute.

*(of a person) sane and sensible; not easily upset or disturbed.
    "the officer concerned is mentally and emotionally stable"

synonyms: well balanced, of sound mind, compos mentis, sane, normal, right in the head, rational, steady, reasonable, sensible, sober, down-to-earth, matter-of-fact, having both one's feet on the ground; informal all there
    "a stable person"

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Philadelphia County)

Was there any way you could've fought it, perhaps appealed the restraining order that the judge issued because he "wanted to be safe"? Were you living in MA at the time? If you were I can see how this might happen as MA is not the best place to live if you believe in gun rights.
    Yes I could have fought it and cleared the RA however it was complicated because she worked in the same bldg as me and was messing with my job too. My lawyer said if I shut up and don't fight it he can seek legal action at a later time (still in process even though this was over >5 years ago). I was living in MA. at the time. Funny enough she was mad i was moving here and her lawyer tried to keep me from moving, you know because battered women don't want the dangerous dude moving 300 miles away. I sacrificed the fight to keep income and set her up for litigation after, which she is jumping through a lot of hoops to deal with now.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    Anything can happen in Hypotheticalville.
    And its good to know everything that can happen in Hypothericalville and how to prepare for it because sometimes Hypotheticalville becomes Realville.

(Wayne County)

How do they sort restraining orders out when it comes to a lesbian or gay relationship?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    How do they sort restraining orders out when it comes to a lesbian or gay relationship?
    I will be in favor of the person playing the female role!
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    That's absurd! Homosexuals are the ideal couples who do nothing but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

It's only the straight, white, male we need to be concerned with - especially the bigoted, woman-beaters who own GUNS!
    Court mandated sexual preference reassignment needs to be added to the PFA! It would make the world a safer place.

All we need is love - love.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Erie County)

For the record ...
    Okay, whatever.

I do not have any restraining orders filed against me nor is there any reason anybody would file one against me but if they're so easy to file than people could easily have their rights violated.
    The right to bear arms is the only right being suppressed. One still has all other rights(?), including self defense.

IANAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Susquehanna County)

Something else to remember restraining orders are enforceable across state lines!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It's only the straight, white, male we need to be concerned with - especially the bigoted, woman-beaters who own GUNS, and makes his wife vote for Trump!
    FIFY

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast