Are you asking for a friend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    Why did you make that post?
    I get it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Restraining Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Christen View Post
    Happened to me, in MA. No evidence was brought against me but the judge said he “wanted to be safe” so she got one. The police took everything. I had about 15 firearms, thousands of rounds, and a reloading workshop. I paid an ffl to go to the police and take everything and store it for me. He did it for hardly any money because I had spent about 10k in his shop. He told me he had a section in a warehouse dedicated to storing guns just for this situation, and it happens a lot.

I sold off the reloading equipment, and the ammo. The ffl sold off some of the collection that I wanted to get rid of. I eventually got everything back but I didn’t see a gun for over a year. Years later I am still in litigation to recoup some losses. The story ain’t all bad, I eventually got my rights back then got the remaining arms in my collection. I also learned some hard lessons as well. Because it was MA, my ltc got suspended but That did not hinder getting an ltc here in PA.

To protect yourself you should have a lawyer on retainer, a good rapport with an ffl, and a trust set up to protect whatever you have. Oh yeah and keep cool.
    Was there any way you could've fought it, perhaps appealed the restraining order that the judge issued because he "wanted to be safe"? Were you living in MA at the time? If you were I can see how this might happen as MA is not the best place to live if you believe in gun rights.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    The bigger picture is that liberals can start to use left leaning activist judges to use restraining orders to mess up gun owners just for spite. Its like swatting. Get your neighbor, your daughter's boyfriend, some guy at work who you found out is an NRA member, or that guy you saw in the park playing with his kid and open carrying with a gun related T-shirt. In this climate, guns will be taken "as a precaution" and "gun enthusiasts" are the number one target.
    So just how easy is it to file a restraining order. As for the person having the restraining order filed against them, what about due process? They should be able to fight it in court.

(Bucks County)

So just how easy is it to file a restraining order. As for the person having the restraining order filed against them, what about due process? They should be able to fight it in court.
    lol about as easy as tying your shoes. once they find out you own firearms it's automatic. even if you don't own any, if you've ever had argument with your gf/wife it gets twisted into you're "verbally abusive" and you apparently have a "bad temper". they are handed out like tic tacs. due process hahahaha... your thrown out of your own house with nothing more than the shirt on your back and stripped of your 2A rights the second the PFA is handed to you and your on your own until the court hearing which can be up to 10 days depending when you were served. you're guilty until you prove yourself innocent... then you get to spend upwards of $5k to retain an attorney for your day in court. and so what if it gets thrown out? now your out $5k you didn't have to begin with, and have to get your property back from the sheriff.

PFAs are a third trimester abortion of the injustice system...

(Allegheny County)

Maybe Connor Lamb could help put a stop to this?
    Since he's such a supporter of gun rights and all.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 03SVTCobra View Post
    lol about as easy as tying your shoes. once they find out you own firearms it's automatic. even if you don't own any, if you've ever had argument with your gf/wife it gets twisted into you're "verbally abusive" and you apparently have a "bad temper". they are handed out like tic tacs. due process hahahaha... your thrown out of your own house with nothing more than the shirt on your back and stripped of your 2A rights the second the PFA is handed to you and your on your own until the court hearing which can be up to 10 days depending when you were served. you're guilty until you prove yourself innocent... then you get to spend upwards of $5k to retain an attorney for your day in court. and so what if it gets thrown out? now your out $5k you didn't have to begin with, and have to get your property back from the sheriff.

PFAs are a third trimester abortion of the injustice system...
    There is a bright side to this. Once you get it sorted out, you can get rid of the woman forever with a good conscience; and never again walk up an aisle with a woman in America.

(Lackawanna County)

Living alone negates this scenario.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    Living alone negates this scenario.
    How about somebody who doesn't live with you filing a restraining order against you?

(Lackawanna County)

How about somebody who doesn't live with you filing a restraining order against you?
    How would that happen? Unless one of my dogs get an attorney. The GF and I have our own places. When we annoy each other, each stays at their respective place until the annoyance is resolved. Besides, I taught her to shoot. She likes to shoot. The guns I bought her are here. She is not going to piss in her own cheerios.
    Last edited by qmcorps; April 17th, 2018 at 09:46 PM.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    How would that happen? Unless one of my dogs get an attorney. The GF and I have our own places. When we annoy each other, each stays at their respective place until the annoyance is resolved. Besides, I taught her to shoot. She likes to shoot. The guns I bought her are here. She is not going to piss in her own cheerios.
    I will give you a hypothetical situation. Lets say you've got an ex girlfriend. You dated her for awhile but never lived together. Then you dump her. She doesn't like being dumped so she wants to get even with you and so she files a restraining order against you. She tells a judge you would hit her even though you never lifted a finger to her she lies and tells that to the judge so the judge lets her file the restraining order and there go your gun rights.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast