Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Reciprocity Agreement with Virginia terminated

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Once again, one more reason to pass Constitutional Carry in PA and every other state and shut this crap down.

Ideally this could be done via incorporation of the 2nd Amendment under the 14th Amendment's Due Process clause, but passing Constitutional Carry in all 50 states should be a top priority too.
    This, we need constitutional carry. Innocent law abiding licensed gun owners are getting locked up and forced to pay huge amounts of fines for just crossing a state border. When is the senate going to vote on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    This, we need constitutional carry. Innocent law abiding licensed gun owners are getting locked up and forced to pay huge amounts of fines for just crossing a state border. When is the senate going to vote on this?

Senate Vote? How do I spell NEVER

TB605

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Is there *ANY* chance of the PA legislature doing the same?

Also, I'm having trouble finding clarity of what my status is now. Am I back to legally OC'ing on my UT/NH permits?
    Right now, barely. After the upcoming elections - not a chance.

Right now you're probably fucked. If the AG is determining that non-resident licensees cannot carry concealed, it would probably include non-resident licensees while transporting in a vehicle. And since a license is required to transport in a vehicle, and during a declared state of emergency - well, you know...

The good news is - PA's property and land prices are cheaper than NJ. So are taxes and insurance.
    Last edited by knight0334; April 19th, 2018 at 11:22 AM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

What was the basis for Shapiro doing this? I cannot believe that VA's requirements are less stringent than PA's? Looks like he is just messing with law abiding citizens in any way he can.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    What was the basis for Shapiro doing this? I cannot believe that VA's requirements are less stringent than PA's? Looks like he is just messing with law abiding citizens in any way he can.
    See post #29 for Shapiro's basis. While I am in favor of nationwide Constitutional Carry, IIF states are going to require permitting based on background checks, this seems a reasonable step.

Before y'all fire up the flame throwers, please note the big, bold IF in that statement.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    ALL state permits are recognized in VA.
    Are you saying that ALL states defined in VA statutes {§ 1-245} as
    "State," when applied to a part of the United States, includes any of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the United States Virgin Islands.
    qualify regarding the prerequisite as defined by the statute? That ALL constitutional states also issue licenses?

provided (i) the issuing authority provides the means for instantaneous verification of the validity of all such permits or licenses issued within that state, accessible 24 hours a day if available;
    Last edited by tl_3237; April 20th, 2018 at 01:52 PM.
    IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    Does America still honor the Constitution?
    Not if it involves law-abiding citizens!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Once again, one more reason to pass Constitutional Carry in PA and every other state and shut this crap down.

Ideally this could be done via incorporation of the 2nd Amendment under the 14th Amendment's Due Process clause, but passing Constitutional Carry in all 50 states should be a top priority too.
    ConCarry would be ideal, but at a minimum don't allow someone (an AG for example) to have control over it. We've seen this before (VA for example) where the official starts axing agreements because they believe the other states' standards don't match theirs. Universal recognition, codified by law.

(Venango County)

This concept of background checks being a reasonable infringement for carrying concealed makes no logical sense whatsoever.

If a criminal is prone to carrying a firearm even though a prohibited person, there is no law that will negate them from doing so. Thus, they will only face justice if they use that firearm and get caught ex post facto, during a crime, or for another stop/detention where the firearm is discovered and their prohibited status becomes known. Then, and only then, due process will take care of them. No law can pre-empt that.

Background checks for the law abiding will do nothing either as they are allowed by default. They should not be required to prove their innocence before exercising a basic right before-hand or, in other words, due process (of an alleged crime). Again, this does nothing in protecting or guarding social safety. When one seriously considers the option of background checks for carrying, it doesn't help with perceptions of greater safety gained when looking beyond the skin-deep reaction for its justification.

The only possible pro for a background check is to ensure the applicant is not prohibited for an unknown reason. But this could be cleared up by checking any questionable dealings with a lawyer specializing in gun law, which would be advisable for everyone who is not 'pure as the driven snow'.

I raise this argument in regards to conceal carry or LTCF purposes only. An argument could be made for retail sales or sales in general though I am personally against that as well. We have due process to guard liberty. So let's rely on it rather than passing a myriad of useless laws (or to strike down reciprocity) to make us feel good or to entrap the innocent.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast