Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PANRA Guest

Default Best pistol supressor?

What is the best pistol suppressor for both 45 and 9mm? So far I'm considering the Rugged Obsidian 45, AAC TI-RANT 45M, or build my own with a form 1...

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Best pistol supressor?

Got a Liberty Cosmic 45. Will suppress up to 223 with a 16" barrel. Bout 1k rounds through it so far. All good. $799 for the can.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Berks County)

I really like my Rugged obsidian. I would also look at the dead air ghost if you want a modular option and griffin for a non modular option. I like being able to run short for other applications and just for fun.

(Washington County)

AAC TiRant 45 or Silencerco Octane 45HD. IMO

I own the TiRant and have shot both; they are both great cans!
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

(Armstrong County)

I think the Rugged Obsidian is one of the top performers right now.
    Having heard many 45 cans head to head, the original TiRant and Osprey are about the same, TiRant is a deeper tone.
    The Obsidian 45 in short mode is about the same to my ear as an Osprey 45 when shot side by side.

Now the "best" can be a bit difficult to say. Best at what? Size, sound, adaptation?
    What do you want to do with it? Pistol only, pistol caliber carbine, 3 lug options?
    How many other calibers do you mind besides 45 and 9mm? As Ducati Ron said, Liberty Cosmic is the one stop shop for that idea.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

PANRA Guest

I already have a dedicated 22 rimfire supressor as well as a 7.62 supressor. I’m looking for something specifically for 45 and 9mm for pistol as well as PCC use. A three lug quick disconnect would be nice. I like the idea of being able to shorten the length if desired.

(Allegheny County)

I run an Obsidian .45 on a USP Tactical 9mm, FNX45 Tactical, and 3 lug on an MP5 with no issues.

(Adams County)

Not to high jack your thread but for those that have both 9mm and 45 cans, how do you feel the 45 cans do on 9mm, I am usually a caliper specific can person, but I rarely shoot 45, but like to future proof, as I like my 1911's. I was looking at the Obsidian .45 and saw they make a 9mm end cap available separably as well, which should help some. This would mainly be on my CZ Evo-thinking tri lug, but mark time on some pistols as well.
    Hell is other people

(Beaver County)

My multi cal/45 can is quiet enough on a 9mm not to warrant buying a caliber specific can.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Corey G View Post
    Not to high jack your thread but for those that have both 9mm and 45 cans, how do you feel the 45 cans do on 9mm, I am usually a caliper specific can person, but I rarely shoot 45, but like to future proof, as I like my 1911's. I was looking at the Obsidian .45 and saw they make a 9mm end cap available separably as well, which should help some. This would mainly be on my CZ Evo-thinking tri lug, but mark time on some pistols as well.
    9mm sounds fantastic to me through my Obsidian .45.

Most of the testing I've seen had 9mm specific end caps knock maybe 1-2 dB more off. That's not really going to be audible in the grand scheme of things. And knowing me, I'd probably forget the 9mm end cap on the end of the gun, then switch to a .45. THAT would be a really bad day. That inaudible difference isn't worth the risk of that.

I do plan on getting more caliber specific suppressors, but mainly because I'm fat and lazy. Switching between 16mm and 13.5mm and .578" and 3 lug gets tiring fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast