Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default List of all anti-gun regulations coming up?

We been getting hit with a lot of anti-gun bills recently, does anyone have a list of them on the state and federal level? I plan on making some time this weekend to write letters and write a script so I can call my elected officials to voice my concern.

Thanks.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: List of all anti-gun regulations coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    We been getting hit with a lot of anti-gun bills recently, does anyone have a list of them on the state and federal level? I plan on making some time this weekend to write letters and write a script so I can call my elected officials to voice my concern.

Thanks.

Go to Firearm Owners Against Crime (FOAC) website

https://foac-pac.org/

Go to Legislation 4th item over... just under FOAC banner / logo

pick Proposed ( state or federal / house or senate ) Legislation - > FOAC tracks them all You can also subscribe they will alert you when they are moving.

IF you need contact info for elected officials holding office the information is right below ALL under the same Legislation link

IF you need some motivation to write some letter check out "NEWS" you will most definitely find something that will grind your gears

https://foac-pac.org/
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

I'll add to that: You can become a member of FOAC for free for up to 90 days I think, but a a full FOAC membership is only $20/year.

In my case, it's been money well spent. It makes it very easy to stay on top of these bills as they come out, and any time there is action.

Stay informed. Stay engaged. Fight on.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Berks County)

The state ones currently being considered are in my article (along with contact info for the Members of the Judiciary Committee) - https://blog.princelaw.com/2018/04/1...-be-infringed/
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Bucks County)

What exactly is going on? Why now? Why so rapid? Other than contacting reps and the committee what else can we do? Are they doing this to use as political fodder to show had radical these dems are? Is Bloomberg paying these turn coats?

(Pike County)

Thank you so much everybody! Right now I am a life member of the GOA but I am open to joining other groups.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    The state ones currently being considered are in my article (along with contact info for the Members of the Judiciary Committee) - https://blog.princelaw.com/2018/04/1...-be-infringed/
    Well, this one is especially great.

SB 17

Senate Bill 17, sponsored by Wayne Fontana (D), seeks to ban, with limited exceptions, semi-automatic firearms, including HANDGUNS and shotguns, and large capacity magazines and institute a registry of semi-automatic firearms. The text can be found here. This bill would require an individual owning a semi-automatic firearm to obtain a “certificate of possession” from the Pennsylvania State Police and then an individual who is granted a certificate of possession is limited to the locations where he/she may possess the semi-automatic rifle. Better yet, the Pennsylvania State Police could deny you because of your “character and reputation,” which is not defined. Also, you will be charged a fee of $15, per firearm, every four years. Moreover, there is no grandfathering provision in relation to large capacity magazines and turns law-abiding individuals into criminals overnight. Of interesting note, since this is being offered as a result of the Parkland shooter, we now know that the Parkland shooter did NOT use large capacity magazines.

I just dont understand how some could be so fucking dead set on disarming law abiding people. How the fuck do they think anything like that would ever stop criminals. Fucking outrageous.

I don't see something that extreme having any chance of passing, though I can tell you for sure there would be a hell of a lot of people here who wouldn't compromise to it if it did.

Seriously. You want me to register all my guns so you can possibly tell me that I actually can't own them anymore? Please... Come here and try to make me. I'll be at home waiting. Fuck that Fontana fat ass fucking ****. What a piece of shit. How someone could even propose shit like that here is just insane. He should be removed from Office and jailed for even suggesting such shit.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JW1914 View Post
    Well, this one is especially great.

SB 17

Senate Bill 17, sponsored by Wayne Fontana (D), seeks to ban, with limited exceptions, semi-automatic firearms, including HANDGUNS and shotguns, and large capacity magazines and institute a registry of semi-automatic firearms. The text can be found here. This bill would require an individual owning a semi-automatic firearm to obtain a “certificate of possession” from the Pennsylvania State Police and then an individual who is granted a certificate of possession is limited to the locations where he/she may possess the semi-automatic rifle. Better yet, the Pennsylvania State Police could deny you because of your “character and reputation,” which is not defined. Also, you will be charged a fee of $15, per firearm, every four years. Moreover, there is no grandfathering provision in relation to large capacity magazines and turns law-abiding individuals into criminals overnight. Of interesting note, since this is being offered as a result of the Parkland shooter, we now know that the Parkland shooter did NOT use large capacity magazines.

I just dont understand how some could be so fucking dead set on disarming law abiding people. How the fuck do they think anything like that would ever stop criminals. Fucking outrageous.

I don't see something that extreme having any chance of passing, though I can tell you for sure there would be a hell of a lot of people here who wouldn't compromise to it if it did.

Seriously. You want me to register all my guns so you can possibly tell me that I actually can't own them anymore? Please... Come here and try to make me. I'll be at home waiting. Fuck that Fontana fat ass fucking ****. What a piece of shit. How someone could even propose shit like that here is just insane. He should be removed from Office and jailed for even suggesting such shit.
    Answer---Only a tyrannical, power hungry, evil entity would do such a thing. They're making it clear, it's not about "criminals" it's about creating "criminals" that threaten their road to a tyrannical takeover.....this is a war, per se'....disarm those that oppose you.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JW1914 View Post
    What a piece of shit. How someone could even propose shit like that here is just insane. He should be removed from Office and jailed for even suggesting such shit.
    I completely agree. I might bring that up with him on the 30th if he has the balls to actually be in the office.

§ 21. Right to bear arms.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of
    themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

None of the heinous ban crap made it through committee.

http://triblive.com/state/pennsylvan...e-gun-violence

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast