Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youth Shoot

(Bucks County)

Default Youth Shoot

There's a "Youth Shoot" event at Ready Aim Fire Indoor Range on Monday, June 26th. The range is located in Bristol, PA which is Bucks County. Call the range, 215 788 5898, for details.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45
    There's a "Youth Shoot" event at Ready Aim Fire Indoor Range on Monday, June 26th. The range is located in Bristol, PA which is Bucks County. Call the range, 215 788 5898, for details.
    Out of curiosity, who provides the "youth" are they all children of members or are there children coming from a third party that would need instructors in safety handling of firearms?
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

Yes DanP, members can bring their kids and non-members can bring their kids also. Instruction will be provided. I believe the kids will be shooting at clay targets. For more info, call 215 788 5898...Mike45

(Bucks County)

Default Youth Shoot at Ready Aim Fire

Hi .... I am Mark from Ready Aim Fire / Ammohead.com.... The Youth Shoot that we set up was great - we had about 20 kids show up with their parents . Instructors / Volunteers were helping out in the classroom and on the range - set up on the 25 yard / 11 lane range were clay targets... paper targets and bowling pins - not only did they destroy all the targets but they killed 12 extra large pizza pies. Looking forward to doing it again more often and with more pizza - The National Shooting Sports Foundation has a program called " First Shots " which we will participate in the near future ... Any ideas or input would be great . Thank you to all for helping out.

(Bucks County)

Sounds like it was a good time. I'm curious about age requirements for the kids? Also, was there a limit as to how many could attend? Thanks for explaining what it was all about.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Bucks County)

Default Youth Shoot Info at Ready Aim Fire

Mike - The posted age requirements for the Youth Shoot was for ages 8 thru 14 - I do have parents who bring in 7 year olds to the range at other times and they do just fine - in fact they are very safe and its great to see them take up the sport - I would like to expand the age limit next time 7 thru 15 and see how it works - both girls and boys showed up for the shoot event - I could also expand the number of shooters next time - a safe rotation over 3 to 4 hours will work - we have had the local Boy Scouts and The Bensalem High School Air Rifle Team shoot here also for special events - Its always a good time - - We also have an IDPA match once a month - Bowling pin shoots - Four by Four shoots - Always looking for new ideas- Maybe a 45 Long Colt Shoot ( need some input on that one ) We will also be having a Ladies Only Nite Real soon - What a great idea - if I have to wear a dress to pack them in I will . The other Ranges in Bucks County beside ours also have events that the public can attend - just check them out. MARK

Quote Originally Posted by Mark McDermott
    Mike - if I have to wear a dress to pack them in I will . MARK
    SHucks, I had to wear a Kilt to get married, why not wear one to shoot! Too bad this is not in the Pittsburgh area...
    Last edited by Frenchy; July 9th, 2006 at 01:25 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Default Wearing a dress...

I can picture Mark wearing a dress to attract business and if he says he will wear one, you can count on it. Also, if you want to get on his good side, bring in a box of donuts...ha-ha-ha...Mike45

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45
    I can picture Mark wearing a dress to attract business and if he says he will wear one, you can count on it. Also, if you want to get on his good side, bring in a box of donuts...ha-ha-ha...Mike45
    I'm hoping to get to the range this week .. I will try to remember the bit about the donuts. Doesn't hurt to be on someone's good side LOL

(Bucks County)

Default Youth Shoot at Ready Aim Fire

HEY KUMARIAN - A little donut dust on my face and im pegged - the fact is when you do stop in the range their is always something to eat on the counter - we also have lunch tables set up in our lounge for those who order take out food from our local pizza shops - shoot and eat - tonite we are hosting our IDPA match - four different stage scenarios which can be viewed on our web site at -- www.rafire.com. Thanks - oh yea - Krispey Kreme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast