Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Chiappa PAK-9 9mm pistol blog.

im in the process of selling quite a bit... but not my pak-9, loving this

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I keep looking at this gun and the Extar pistol... So far, I'm leaning towards the Extar, but it lacks any real customization options - and a folding stock won't work because it uses a buffer tube. (on the pistol cal versions)

I'd love to put my hands on one of these though.

There's no way I can buy either one right now without selling something else, so it may be a while before I need to make a decision.
    If you go with 9MM you can use it on the club's steel and indoor range.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    If you go with 9MM you can use it on the club's steel and indoor range.
    The Extar is available in 9mm, but they are coming out with 10mm and 45ACP - the bigger decision is 9mm vs 45ACP?

Sorry. I'll try to stop derailing this!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I keep looking at this gun and the Extar pistol... So far, I'm leaning towards the Extar, but it lacks any real customization options - and a folding stock won't work because it uses a buffer tube. (on the pistol cal versions)

I'd love to put my hands on one of these though.

There's no way I can buy either one right now without selling something else, so it may be a while before I need to make a decision.
    I like the Extar EP45. I don't like the company's stance on the whole "Please don't call it an AR pistol." BS. But that probably won't stop me from buying one when they're available. If I do get one, I'll probably try to figure out a way to change the buffer tube so that I can SBR it. If it's too much work, I'll put a can on it and use it as a HD gun.

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    im in the process of selling quite a bit... but not my pak-9, loving this
    Loving mine too. Just started the wheels in motion to SBR it. Since I wanted my wife to be able to use it whenever, I decided to go with an NFA trust. Just waiting for the paperwork to come back so I can get it notarized and then I can file my form 1.

Bought a Shockwave brace and KAK tube for the PAK. Also bought the official Chiappa AR stock adapter. The adapter is one seriously solid chunk of steel. Was a little disappointed, though. It comes with a massive hex head screw that fits the PAK-9 receiver, but the location of the hole is drilled in the lower half of the hole for the buffer tube instead of dead center. There isn't enough room between the head of the screw and the wall of the buffer tube hole to actually screw in a buffer tube! For now, I'm using the screw that came out of the receiver with some Locktite. I'll probably grind down the head of the screw that came with the adapter or try to find a cap head screw that fits.

I like the way the brace stabilizes the gun, though I'm surprised they don't ship it with a strap to secure it to your forearm like other braces. Guess I'll just have to make my own.

Still need to thread the barrel and add a linear comp. Don't like having my fingers that close to the business end, even with the hand stop in place.
    Last edited by Ronin; July 5th, 2018 at 08:06 AM.

my kak tube fits perfectly with the bolt and the factory adapter. maybe your adapter isn’t seated in the top notch area? also kak recommends that you don’t modify the brace with a strap

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgs4 View Post
    my kak tube fits perfectly with the bolt and the factory adapter. maybe your adapter isn’t seated in the top notch area? also kak recommends that you don’t modify the brace with a strap
    Nope, mine is lined up properly on the receiver notch at the top. Everything is nice and flush. Just can't use the hex head screw that came with the Chiappa adapter. Not a big deal. The bolt for the swivel seems to work just fine.

Just a function update here. I brought it too the group shoot this past Saturday and a lot of rounds went through it the majority of which were Brown Bear 115gr with zero failures using Glock OEM mags and a couple of the clear ETS mags.

Everyone who shot it loved it and wanted to put a 2nd mag through it. At 25-30 yards double and triple taps on a 3 zone steel target are a breeze. All in all the combination of the PAK, Holosun red dot, and SBA3 brace is excellent and well worth the money.

I would recommend this rig to anyone with the only down side being the weight and having to thread the barrel if that’s something you want.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Just a function update here. I brought it too the group shoot this past Saturday and a lot of rounds went through it the majority of which were Brown Bear 115gr with zero failures using Glock OEM mags and a couple of the clear ETS mags.

Everyone who shot it loved it and wanted to put a 2nd mag through it. At 25-30 yards double and triple taps on a 3 zone steel target are a breeze. All in all the combination of the PAK, Holosun red dot, and SBA3 brace is excellent and well worth the money.

I would recommend this rig to anyone with the only down side being the weight and having to thread the barrel if that’s something you want.
    Had there not been a gazillion guns to shoot, I'd have brought a few boxes of my own ammo over and shot that some more!

It is heavy - as I expected. Stupid-heavy if left as a pistol without a brace - a total no-go in my opinion.
    However, shooting it with the brace was a breeze and the weight wasn't an issue.

I was surprised how easy it was to repeatedly bang the steel plate with double and even triple taps.

That setup is really sweet. Thanks again for letting me try it out!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast