Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Chiappa PAK-9 9mm pistol blog.

found this as well... circle 10 ak 2 port 9mm brake

What thread pitch did your Smith cut into the muzzle?

(Philadelphia County)

1/2-28, i just bought a spikes bad 24mm conversion adapter and i'm going to put my 4piece m92 brake on it and see how that looks

Took the PAK-9 out to the range yesterday. It was exactly what I expected - a big ole' dumb bucket of fun. It's heavy for a pistol, but it was fairly accurate even with the crappy iron sights. Ran 200 rounds through it using Beretta mags. Ate every round with zero failures. Still waiting for the Glock adapter to arrive.

One thing I did not like was how close my hand is to that muzzle even with the Magpul hand stop in place. I have very big hands. In order to get a comfortable grip, my hand has to be tight up against the stop and my thumb ends up being almost parallel with the muzzle. One slip and it's bye bye thumb. I tried holding it by the mag well and that worked OK, but being left handed, my right thumb is once again in peril, only this time it's from the charging handle. I have to keep my thumb flat so that it's out of the way. All of this will be a moot point once I SBR it, but that's a good ways off. In the mean time, I'm researching my options for threading the barrel. Adding a linear comp will extend the barrel far enough out that I won't have to worry about blowing my thumb off.

I agree the hand is close to the muzzle. That’s why I went with the Magpul XTM hand stop kit and used the rear which is the much larger of the two parts as the stop. It works well but I will like it more with another inch or two up front once it’s threaded.

I have no plans to SBR this but a vertical grip would really Benefit this blaster.

(Allegheny County)

What's life without risk?

C'mon... you got two thumbs. Live a little!

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

stormwerks handguard and magwell adapter came in, super easy to install; the magwell was so worth it seems much more robust, like the leaner look.
    also on there is a folding stock adapter, shockwave brace, kak tube, and muzzle threaded with a fatty muzzle cap.

20180423_221934.jpg

20180423_221609.jpg

(Allegheny County)

That dimpled handguard looks great!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    That dimpled handguard looks great!
    The dimples are what keeps me from ordering it, well that and the price tag. Here is a picture I stole off the AK Files of a member who tested out the initial prototype from the same company and I really wish they were offering it.

I do know that they are still working on future designs for new products and more choices for the PAK so I will be patient and give it some time.

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    stormwerks handguard and magwell adapter came in, super easy to install; the magwell was so worth it seems much more robust, like the leaner look.
    also on there is a folding stock adapter, shockwave brace, kak tube, and muzzle threaded with a fatty muzzle cap.

20180423_221934.jpg

20180423_221609.jpg
    I like it. Looks really good in that config.

I bought one of Manticore Arms Krinkov handguards. I don't think it will work the way I had imagined. The tongue fits in the receiver just fine, but my plan to remove the rails and use the screw holes to secure it at the top will require more doing that I'd planned. Plus, the forearm is easily twice as long as the stock handguard. I could leave it long, but it looks weird. I could cut it short, but I'm not sure I want to go to all of the trouble.

Also got my Glock mag adapter and Hogue grip. What a difference a simple grip change makes. The gun is much more comfortable to hold. Hopefully I'll get a chance to test the Glock adapter soon.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast