Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Chiappa PAK-9 9mm pistol blog.

I was looking at the way that the stormwerks forend attaches and I believe that if you had a wood one (even it a bottom handguard chopped from another variant) that fits the gap in the aft end (typical AK mounting on that side) that this could be done...
    essentially a small clamp (like a scope ring, dia of barrel) would be mounted to a stand-off (could be round/ square stock or even wood itself) and then the clamp would be drilled through on bottom, bolt goes through that hole in bottom of clamp into top of standoff (which could have threaded insert or tapped or just wood if leaving it on for test). the bottom of the standoff would also have a threaded insert (or whatever) that another bolt would be used to sandwich the forend in between the bolt head/washer and bottom side of standoff. in this way the 'top portion' is a barrel clamp, connected to a standoff, whose height is the height of the gap from handguard to bottom of clamp, and the bottom of the standoff is connected through the handguard.

My explanation of this totally sucked but if you followed it, it should work... I might even do it if I get motivated.
    Last edited by bugout; April 28th, 2018 at 05:28 PM.

Screenshot_20180429-015855.jpg Probably a 1/2 or 3/4 could be made to work

(Philadelphia County)

yes usmc3531 that is exactly the idea with a standoff mounted to the bottom of that, standoff height or length is the measurement from inside handguard surface to bottom of standoff... then its just mounting, i would probably countersink the hole from "bottomside" of wooden hardguard to make it flush.... or better yet! attach a handstop and us THAT as the 'washer' between bottom bolt and hadguard... this way it serves 2 roles and you get an integrated handstop!

Honestly you probably don't need any additional standoff, just use a washer on the inside. Maybe take a fender washer and cut it to an ovaljust to distribute heat a little more

Finally received the SBA3 adjustable brace today cannot complain to much since I got it on a great deal. I didn't have time to put it in place using a castle nut and end place but here's what it will look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Had a chance to finish this up today. Secured everything I don’t want to come loose with lock tight put the SBA3 on correctly then put 125 rounds through it of mixed steel (Brown Bear) and brass (Perfecta) cased 115 gr ammo without any issues at all.

The brace feels great, gives me a great lop and locks up tight. I will say for the weight there is a pretty good push of recoil on this pistol. Obviously it’s s nothing that’s going to cause any pain just more then I expected but I guess that coms with blowback operates firearms.

I still have to sight the red dot in and lock it down where I want it. Other then that I think I’m done for now or at least until something new and cool comes out for it.

(Philadelphia County)

sweet brace hodgie... i think another good candidate would be the tailhook - those things are nice.

I replaced my grip with a $5 'russian red' that was really scuffed up and faded - not sure if I like it or the yugo ak grip I have on in the other pics on here.

Anyone have or thinking about getting a PAK-9 and want the Glock mag well which can be hard to find or pricey they have them here for $26.00 shipped.

https://sapoutfitters.com/product/ak...azine-adapter/

(Philadelphia County)

thanks Hodgie - just bought 2 extras, just in case... they are actually on sale for only $19.99 each now

(Allegheny County)

I keep looking at this gun and the Extar pistol... So far, I'm leaning towards the Extar, but it lacks any real customization options - and a folding stock won't work because it uses a buffer tube. (on the pistol cal versions)

I'd love to put my hands on one of these though.

There's no way I can buy either one right now without selling something else, so it may be a while before I need to make a decision.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast