Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Chiappa PAK-9 9mm pistol blog.

count me in holmes... just got mine... glock mag adapter, shockwave blade with kak tube and folding mechanism, magpul afg "handstop", yugo grip and... drumroll... threaded barrel... shopping muzzle devices.

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    count me in holmes... just got mine... glock mag adapter, shockwave blade with kak tube and folding mechanism, magpul afg "handstop", yugo grip and... drumroll... threaded barrel... shopping muzzle devices.
    Nice!

You threaded the barrel yourself?

Yeah, do tell on the whole threaded barrel part. I'm planning to thread mine, but first I have to convince Mrs. Ronin that spending $$$ on an annular cutter and cutting die set is a worthwhile investment....

Also, if anyone is interested, I emailed Josh at StormWerkz about adding a rail to the PAK-9 handguard he offers, and he said that once he gets done with the backlog of orders from his vacation, he will be offering a picatinny rail. So, if you plan to SBR, you have another handguard option with a rail that allows for a vertical grip.

(Philadelphia County)

no i actually had a smith do it (EZ Accuracy in Southampton, PA - Eric is great)... he put a beefy thread protector on it which make it look much cooler too IMO
    i almost rented threading equip from another forum i belong to but decided against it; was in the same boat as you ronin, the annular cutter would be the definite way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    no i actually had a smith do it (EZ Accuracy in Southampton, PA - Eric is great)... he put a beefy thread protector on it which make it look much cooler too IMO
    i almost rented threading equip from another forum i belong to but decided against it; was in the same boat as you ronin, the annular cutter would be the definite way to go.
    Did he pull the barrel and do it on a lathe or did he do it by hand?

How much did he charge?
    I have no issues doing it myself as I have done it before but I don't have a 1/2 x28 set up so would have to drop the cash on it.

(Philadelphia County)

RONIN.. thanks for the heads up, i just ordered the aluminum magwell adapter that stormwerks makes - feel much better having a backup option.

The threading cost way more than I thought it would to be honest it was around $150ish - there isn't much to work with and I don't see spare parts availability (have you found any?) so I didn't want to D-around with it.

Really wondering about the life (does it get brittle over time/ use) of that plastic drop-in bolt travel spacer thing.
    Last edited by bugout; April 17th, 2018 at 07:47 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Hodgie/ Ronin.. not sure where you are located but I would go in on buying a set with you in exchange for some lessons... I'd like to thread a barrel on one of my rifles myself and not send it anywhere.

I am probably a couple hours plus some change from you in NEPA at the base of Monroe County. I saw a few youtubers mention that you can get a spare buffer (plastic thing in the receiver) directly from Chiappa. They are pretty good to deal with but you have to call in and ask.

Hold times can suck.

Did you order the entire hand guard set up from Stormworkz or just the mag well adapter? I am pretty sure you still have to use the polly mag well with it even when using their hand guard and the adapter. I know in January the guy's from Atlantic firearms were testing out a few new hand guard styles from them as well, hopefully they will release more into the market.

(Philadelphia County)

I got the handguard and the magwell adapter as well

Nice!

Your going to have to post some pictures when you get it all installed. If I go that route I think I might be inclined to Cerekote it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast