Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: Chiappa PAK-9 9mm pistol blog.

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    Hodgie/ Ronin.. not sure where you are located but I would go in on buying a set with you in exchange for some lessons... I'd like to thread a barrel on one of my rifles myself and not send it anywhere.
    This would be the first time I've threaded anything, so you'd be learning right along with me, lol. I watched that video I posted above and figured "how hard could it be?"...

(Bucks County)

I wonder if one of the wood handguards for a Micro Drago can be fitted on one of these?
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by carwash View Post
    I wonder if one of the wood handguards for a Micro Drago can be fitted on one of these?
    Nope the hand guard on the PAK also retains the mag well. There are few builders on the AK files who have looked at it every possible way.

The NAK-9 uses a standard hand guard but it’s 10.5” barrel and a hell of a lot more expensive as well as hard to find.

I reached out to Manticore Arms to see if their Renegade Forearm for the Yugo Krinkov might fit the PAK-9. They said it was designed specifically for the Yugo Krinkov. I also asked if they had any plans to make PAK-9 parts and they said no. That's too bad, the Renegade Forearm is priced closer to what I'd want to spend on a forearm. I like the StormWerkz one, but it's a third of the price of the gun, and you still have to buy their adapter. If the Renegade could be rigged, it along with the StormWerkz magwell adapter would be about the same as just the StormWerkz handguard.

I don't know. It looks like the tongue on the Renegade would fit in the PAK-9 receiver. But then you'd have to come up with a way to secure it. The StormWerkz handguard has clamp inside that goes around the barrel. So the Renegade would need something like that. The other issue would be that the Renegade is longer than the barrel - at least it looks that way.

Decisions, decisions...

I think I saw a guy on weaponsguild selling front grips for these.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I think I saw a guy on weaponsguild selling front grips for these.
    Do you remember who? I did a quick search for the PAK-9 over there a found a single post with a member using the Stormworkz front end which has already been mentioned here.

(Philadelphia County)

took mine to the range today - so much fun... any thoughts on a muzzle brake for this? i've got the 1/2-28 thread.
    also my stormwerks magwell and forend is en route, can post pics when they arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    took mine to the range today - so much fun... any thoughts on a muzzle brake for this? i've got the 1/2-28 thread.<br>
    also my stormwerks magwell and forend is en route, can post pics when they arrive.
    I'm looking at KVP Slim XL Linear Comp. That's number one on my list. Number two is the muzzle break M*Carbo is working on. It's not supposed to be released until middle of May, so I'm going to wait for reviews. Will probably put one on my wife's Sub2k first and decide after that.

I couldn't find it either, but it shouldn't be too difficult to make one if you got the Maxwell adapter. Just take a regular hand guard retainer and grind the barrel portion off till flat and use the muzzle break to hold it on. Or use a scope mount (Probably for a 22 scope) to mount like the stormwerkz

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I'm looking at KVP Slim XL Linear Comp. That's number one on my list. Number two is the muzzle break M*Carbo is working on. It's not supposed to be released until middle of May, so I'm going to wait for reviews. Will probably put one on my wife's Sub2k first and decide after that.
    I would like to find a AK-74 style brake in 9mm, that would look pretty cool.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast