Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chiappa PAK-9 9mm pistol blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    They are heavy pistols , i have had two of these come in that my customers ordered. I have not yet fired one of these bad boys, but I can tell they are heavy. I have plenty of trigger time on AR 9mm Glock mags pistols and I like them I am currently finishing a Guntec 4 inch upper on a Matrix Arms Glock Mag lower , I have no idea what kind of a finish that am going to put on this one. Pics will be posted when it's done.
    Once I get this all done and save up some more cash this might be a candidate for one of your custom refinish job's.

(Northampton County)

That PAK is interesting , I think you can get one for Beretta or Glock mags.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    That PAK is interesting , I think you can get one for Beretta or Glock mags.
    It comes set up for Beretta magazines and they sell a separate mag well for Glock magazines. Some sellers include both in a package.

Hodgie,

How's the trigger? Is is decent, or could it stand to be upgraded to something like an ALG AK trigger? I'm assuming any AK trigger will fit.

The trigger has a longer take up but a very nice clean light pull. I’m not sure the ALG would drop right in, from what I have heard they sometimes require fitting in standard AK’s.

I will compare the PAK trigger later today with my other AK’s and update the thread.

Broke down and bought a PAK-9 this afternoon. The Bunker Gun Shop had two used ones and a new one in stock. I bought the nicer of the used ones. Looking forward to getting it ot the range soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Broke down and bought a PAK-9 this afternoon. The Bunker Gun Shop had two used ones and a new one in stock. I bought the nicer of the used ones. Looking forward to getting it ot the range soon.

Nice! If you like AK’s and the 9mm round I think your going to be very happy.

Did it come with the Glock adaptor or just the stock Beretta?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Nice! If you like AK’s and the 9mm round I think your going to be very happy.

Did it come with the Glock adaptor or just the stock Beretta?
    Just the Beretta adapter. I ordered the Glock one from KY Gun Co along with a Hogue AK grip. Also ordered a Krebs ambi AK safety. Still need to figure out what hand stop I want.

I boudht the Magpul XTM hand stop kit and used what should be the rear piece on a normal set up as the stop since it’s the larger of the two. Luckily it fits perfect, the other parts in the kit not so much.

I received the red dot I ordered last week today.

I went with the Holosun Parlow HS 503C which is their battery/solar powered 2 MOA dot/65 MOA circle dot option. It has a crap ton of features and a nice amount of extras it comes with for the $180.00 I paid for it. OpticsPlanet also threw in a $25.00 gift card to use towards anything on a future order.

I removed the AR height mount it came installed with put the low mount on and quickly put it on the PAK-9. It will most likely have to be re-positioned once I get the brace I ordered delivered and mounted which might be in a week or two.

I also found out that a few of the older KCI (Korean) Glock 33 round mag's I have will not lock up into the pistol. In order to get them to lock in correctly I have to hold the bolt open. Once I lock the mag in and release the bolt it stops on the back of the mag and will not close. When put next to a factory Glock 18 magazine you can see that the cut out of the mag catch is cut slightly higher then the factory Glock 18 mag's. I have seen other people on Youtube using these mag's as well as the 50 round drums they make without issue so I am assuming this might be an issue with these or just some and it's up to the luck of the draw.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast