Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Question about my AR pistol build

As long as we're on the subject...
    Can you drop a binary trigger in your AR pistol or is that ultra-evil?

(Lancaster County)

They are ultra evil, but for the moment they are legal seeing very expensive ($450) ... I wouldn't count on them being legal for long though.
    Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Philadelphia County)

Great!! Thanks for the inputs everyone!! Had many AR rifle over the years and this is my first pistol buold, I know it's kinda lame, but I just wanna make this pistol "tacticool" lol without doing anything illegal, looks like I'm safe so far,this will only be my range toy.

No collapsible butt stock, just a "brace" , most concerned is my tacticool fake can but I got my answer here, thanks again!!

If your AR pistol has an overall length less then 26 inches not counting the muzzle device, don't put a vertical foregrip on it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    If your AR pistol has an overall length less then 26 inches not counting the muzzle device, don't put a vertical foregrip on it.
    I don't recall getting an answer to this, and I've asked several times after someone has posted about this "26" measurement"...

Where do you measure from?

Seriously? The Shockwave Blade brace on my pistol is adjustable for length... how does one legally measure it?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't recall getting an answer to this, and I've asked several times after someone has posted about this "26" measurement"...

Seriously? The Shockwave Blade brace on my pistol is adjustable for length... how does one legally measure it?
    Pistols are designed to be used with one hand. Adding a verical foregrip redesigns it to be two handed. Two handed firearms are rifles and shotguns. Your skating between the definitions with the over 26 total length. It's too long to conceal so it isnt a handgun no stock not rifle and nobody prohibited it so your in the sweet spot just like open carry.

Warning I am not a lawyer. This isn't legal advise. This is how I understand it. I have been wrong before. I'm probibly wrong now.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Pistols are designed to be used with one hand. Adding a verical foregrip redesigns it to be two handed. Two handed firearms are rifles and shotguns. Your skating between the definitions with the over 26 total length. It's too long to conceal so it isnt a handgun no stock not rifle and nobody prohibited it so your in the sweet spot just like open carry.

Warning I am not a lawyer. This isn't legal advise. This is how I understand it. I have been wrong before. I'm probibly wrong now.
    I think Gunsnwater nailed it, but I share his uncertainty in my understanding as well.

When making the SBR the ATF dictates that it be measured with the stock fully *extended. I would assume the same would apply with your adjustable brace? (Beware that word assume)
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; April 12th, 2018 at 03:07 PM. Reason: *corrected measurement procedure
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

Shooting one handed or "grips" have no bearing on how one determines legal length.

That's all I want to know.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wyoming County)

Shooting one handed or "grips" have no bearing on how one determines legal length.

That's all I want to know.

Overall length is measured from the end of the arm stabilizing brace to the end of the barrel, be sure that the weapon is level, a large framing square can help with this.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comment..._pistols_warm/

Adam at the Legal Brief at the 3:00 mark talks about measuring with a stock FWIW -*ETA: this totally defies my logic. Seems to me if the concern of the law is conceal-ability then you would want to know the overall length in it's shortest configuration???? I don't get it.

Last edited by ExFlyinguy; April 12th, 2018 at 03:16 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    I figured that part out which I cannot put a vertical foregrip on it , tho a "link grip" is ok , that's what I have on it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast