Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Angry NY Gun Confiscation Underway – Citizens Told to Turn in Pistol Owner ID & Firearms

NY Gun Confiscation Underway – Citizens Told to Turn in Pistol Owner ID & Firearms

Manasquan, NJ --(Ammoland.com)- Remember all those who denied that firearms confiscation as a result of New York’s new gun laws was to “insane” to even consider?

That it was strictly in the realm of paranoid conspiracy theorists and the “it cant happen here crowd”?

Those were and remain some of the standard replies to anyone who even thought about the possibility, let alone gave voice to it, despite the fact that Gov Cuomo and numerous other officials made public comments about such a plan, as I discussed in my article “Feinstein & Cuomo Admit Planning Australian Style Government Gun Buy Back” .

Elected Officials, the media, various Gun Control Groups and their zealous forced disarmament supporters, even some firearms owners themselves all insisted it was to crazy to even consider.

There’s just one huge problem it is happening now in New York State!
    It seems those that tried desperately to warn of such an insidious plot had hit the bullseye with their warnings after all. News came from multiple NY State based firearms enthusiast websites late Friday that confiscations of Pistol Owner ID Cards, as well as firearms and accessories has commenced in NY under the provisions of the horribly flawed, draconian and blatantly unconstitutional NY SAFE Act.

The rest of the story: http://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/new-...#axzz2PsozwTkn

NYS Police Departments Revoking Pistol Permits because of Anti-Anxiety Meds

This is hot off the press. I have first-hand knowledge that local NYS police departments are revoking pistol permits of those who are "blown-in" by the medical community for being prescribed anti-anxiety medications (for those who are in therapy for anxiety or depression), under the gray shroud of the UNSAFE Act. This is happening now folks, and it is likely to get worse.

EVERYONE needs to be aware of this, for the sake of keeping their pistol permit in NYS. Please spread this information around - Facebook, Twitter, by every means possible. We need to get the word out as quickly as possible.

If anyone faces such an ordeal with their pistol permit, or you know anyone in the future who faces this issue, you are urged to email info@tresmondlaw.com. It doesn't matter where you are located in NY.

By all means use this thread to discuss - this is something that was mentioned as a potential major issue with the new laws signed by Cuomo, and it's becoming reality.

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/law...iety-meds.html

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: NY Gun Confiscation Underway – Citizens Told to Turn in Pistol Owner ID & Firearm

Wow, this is amazing. Are New Yorkers really going to put up with this crap? Seems to me there's strength in numbers and if ALL armed citizens refuse to give up their guns, maybe the authorities & governor would back off. I worked hard to get to this place and I refuse to give up my gun to anybody, I don't care who it is. If that means jail time, so be it. I'm not giving mine up. I'll hide it really well first before I hand it to anyone. New Yorkers shouldn't be going along with this scheme at all.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: NY Gun Confiscation Underway – Citizens Told to Turn in Pistol Owner ID & Firearm

This will backfire just as everything else they have done. People who are being treated for anxiety or depression will just stop being treated and then the political machine will blame law abiding gun owners when people start shooting themselves and others because they can't get their meds anymore.
    Last edited by ray h; April 8th, 2013 at 06:46 PM.

amazing...not sure what is more shocking...the scouring of medical records by the state, the confiscation of weapons, or the doctors sharing that information.

(Allegheny County)

So they make people fear going to their Dr. This will make it even more difficult to identify the people who are a danger. Once again, "the opposite of it's intended action"

(Pike County)

I am beyond speechless- unfreakingbelievable.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    amazing...not sure what is more shocking...the scouring of medical records by the state, the confiscation of weapons, or the doctors sharing that information.
    What would require a Dr to provide that info? Wouldn't HIPPA being a federal policy trump a state law?
    Brian - US Navy Retired - If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

If true, it can be a good thing for us in the long run. This is what pro gunners said would happen, registry leads to confiscation. To often I hear "that would never happen" by the "I support the 2nd but" crowd. Well....... here it is happening. New York is showing that it can and will happen.

People who have not committed a crime are having their firearms taken away. As a result, depressed, anxious people now have a reason not to seek help. (That will lead to only good things)Hopefully this will serve as a warning to other states and the country. New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Connecticut are in a competition to become the most anti gun state. In their rush they are showing the hand of the antis for all the world to see and hear.

If they will listen.....

which is always the problem..... the sure it's happening there, but could never happen here or on a country wide basis attitude.

But the plan is there to see for those who will open their eyes and look.

thats the price you pay for a warm latte in the morning, pizza at any hour and never ending "culture" that you dont take part in.
    Montani Semper Liberi

I think its a hoax, as there are violations to the HIPPA law, not to mention all the LEOS" seeing shrinks on a regular basis. Someone else said they could not trace the source, nor the lawyer in the article.
    "North of I-80, we don't dial 911, we dial 223"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast