Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Virtue-signaling DICKS

I'm glad I ate before I read this shit, this is enough to cost me my appetite.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

I might be wrong on this, but since Dicks holds the FFL they cannot just destroy them willie nilly. They have their books and the guns have been entered. I believe they have to notify A.T. F. for certification of destruction and
    disposition. The A.T.F. might have to present at time of destruction/disposal.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

^^ sell them en masse to a "recycling" company. as stated before for destruction of lower via atf standard and resell all of other bits to cover losses.

although iirc atf regs require full destruction with a torch, barrel and all.

wonder where atf investigations went on the YouTube SBR virtue signlwrs.
    Last edited by fallenleader; April 12th, 2018 at 11:32 PM. Reason: not quite sober
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FUNDAMENTALS View Post
    I might be wrong on this, but since Dicks holds the FFL they cannot just destroy them willie nilly. They have their books and the guns have been entered. I believe they have to notify A.T. F. for certification of destruction and
    disposition. The A.T.F. might have to present at time of destruction/disposal.
    As I said, I have not found this story reported anywhere else.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    As I said, I have not found this story reported anywhere else.
    Are you trying to say something, or do you just like announcing that you haven't found the story reported anywhere else?

It's from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, so I don't think it's fictional, and a current employee has posted additional "inside info" in this thread.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Is the reporter reading the comments about investors...

LINK

The new gun sales policy at Dick's Sporting Goods had backing from the Sisters of Mercy

Unfortunately, they seem to limit your ability to read more than two articles without a subscription and I had closed the tab I had open earlier, so I can't paste any text.

"Sisters of Mercy" are an investment group or something.

Dick’s Sporting Goods’ recent announcement that it would change its gun policies garnered its share of critics, but there’s a group of shareholders who are pleased by the new limits.

The sisters behind Mercy Investment Services and other religious groups had been pushing for changes at the Findlay-based retailer’s operations just weeks before the Parkland, Fla., shooting.

And new shopping data indicates that customer traffic to the company’s stores actually rose following the media blitz prompted by CEO Ed Stack’s announcement on Feb. 28 that Dick’s would pull assault-style rifles from its 35 specialty Field & Stream locations following the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

In December, Mercy Investment Services filed a shareholder resolution asking the board of Dick’s Sporting Goods what it was doing to follow the Sandy Hook Principles meant to stem gun violence. The principles have been endorsed by the U.S. Conference of Mayors, aiming to divest from companies involved in firearm sales.

Dick's Sporting Goods ends sale of assault-style rifles in stores
    Stephanie Ritenbaugh
    Representatives of the investment firm — which manages the assets of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas — met with company officials in January to discuss the resolution. The firm does not disclose the amount it manages.

Valerie Heinonen, director of shareholder advocacy for Mercy Investment Services, said there’s little that can be shared publicly about the meeting, but she said the “retailer works with high standards” when it comes to firearm policies.

After the January meeting, the investment firm — joined by other filers, including the Congregation of St. Joseph, the Episcopal Church, Mercy Health (Cincinnati) and other members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility — withdrew the resolution in favor of continuing the dialogue.

On Feb. 14, the Florida shooting occurred.

Two weeks after that, Dick’s announced its changes to its gun sales policies.

“We are pleased with Dick’s Sporting Goods for their cooperation and willingness to take such a significant step toward ending gun violence,” Sister Valerie said.

Dick’s did not respond to requests for comment.

Walmart joins Dick's in limiting firearm sales. Will investors approve?
    Stephanie Ritenbaugh
    Mercy Investment is one of several religious groups that are working to enact change involving guns at corporations. It also is a co-filer with others on resolutions submitted to gun manufacturers American Outdoor Brands and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc., also asking the companies to follow the Sandy Hook Principles.

During a shareholder call last week, Mr. Stack warned analysts that weak gun sales could cut into the company’s 2018 outlook.

But Reveal Mobile, an analytics firm based in North Carolina, said foot traffic at the company’s stores the weekend of March 2-4 was up 3.7 percent over the weekend of Feb. 23-25.

Different parts of the country saw different patterns.

“We saw a 7.59 percent increase in weekend-over-weekend foot traffic visits to Dick’s Sporting Goods in blue states, and 2.84 percent increase in red states,” said Matthew Davis, corporate marketing officer, referring to the traditional labels for states that tend to lean Republican or Democrat.

Florida, where the Parkland shooting occurred, saw the biggest increase — 9 percent. That was followed by California at 4.6 percent and Virginia at 4.4 percent.

Texas saw the biggest drop in customer traffic to the company’s stores at 5.8 percent, trailed by West Virginia at 2.8 percent.

“The difference between blue and red states gave us an indication that it was more than a seasonality,” Mr. Davis said.

In addition to removing military-style rifles from its Field & Stream locations, the retailer said it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines or sell firearms to anyone under 21 years old at all of its locations.

In 2012, Dick’s Sporting Goods had removed assault-style rifles from its namesake stores following the Sandy Hook massacre, in which 20 children and six adults were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

Stephanie Ritenbaugh: sritenbaugh@post-gazette.com; 412-263-4910 or Twitter: @StephanieRit.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Dick’s Sporting Goods’ recent announcement that it would change its gun policies garnered its share of critics, but there’s a group of shareholders who are pleased by the new limits.

The sisters behind Mercy Investment Services and other religious groups had been pushing for changes at the Findlay-based retailer’s operations just weeks before the Parkland, Fla., shooting.

And new shopping data indicates that customer traffic to the company’s stores actually rose following the media blitz prompted by CEO Ed Stack’s announcement on Feb. 28 that Dick’s would pull assault-style rifles from its 35 specialty Field & Stream locations following the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

In December, Mercy Investment Services filed a shareholder resolution asking the board of Dick’s Sporting Goods what it was doing to follow the Sandy Hook Principles meant to stem gun violence. The principles have been endorsed by the U.S. Conference of Mayors, aiming to divest from companies involved in firearm sales.

Stephanie Ritenbaugh
    Representatives of the investment firm — which manages the assets of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas — met with company officials in January to discuss the resolution. The firm does not disclose the amount it manages.

Valerie Heinonen, director of shareholder advocacy for Mercy Investment Services, said there’s little that can be shared publicly about the meeting, but she said the “retailer works with high standards” when it comes to firearm policies.

After the January meeting, the investment firm — joined by other filers, including the Congregation of St. Joseph, the Episcopal Church, Mercy Health (Cincinnati) and other members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility — withdrew the resolution in favor of continuing the dialogue.

On Feb. 14, the Florida shooting occurred.

Two weeks after that, Dick’s announced its changes to its gun sales policies.

“We are pleased with Dick’s Sporting Goods for their cooperation and willingness to take such a significant step toward ending gun violence,” Sister Valerie said.

Dick’s did not respond to requests for comment.

Stephanie Ritenbaugh
    Mercy Investment is one of several religious groups that are working to enact change involving guns at corporations. It also is a co-filer with others on resolutions submitted to gun manufacturers American Outdoor Brands and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc., also asking the companies to follow the Sandy Hook Principles.

During a shareholder call last week, Mr. Stack warned analysts that weak gun sales could cut into the company’s 2018 outlook.

But Reveal Mobile, an analytics firm based in North Carolina, said foot traffic at the company’s stores the weekend of March 2-4 was up 3.7 percent over the weekend of Feb. 23-25.

“We saw a 7.59 percent increase in weekend-over-weekend foot traffic visits to Dick’s Sporting Goods in blue states, and 2.84 percent increase in red states,” said Matthew Davis, corporate marketing officer, referring to the traditional labels for states that tend to lean Republican or Democrat.

Florida, where the Parkland shooting occurred, saw the biggest increase — 9 percent. That was followed by California at 4.6 percent and Virginia at 4.4 percent.

Texas saw the biggest drop in customer traffic to the company’s stores at 5.8 percent, trailed by West Virginia at 2.8 percent.

“The difference between blue and red states gave us an indication that it was more than a seasonality,” Mr. Davis said.

In addition to removing military-style rifles from its Field & Stream locations, the retailer said it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines or sell firearms to anyone under 21 years old at all of its locations.

In 2012, Dick’s Sporting Goods had removed assault-style rifles from its namesake stores following the Sandy Hook massacre, in which 20 children and six adults were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

Stephanie Ritenbaugh: sritenbaugh@post-gazette.com; 412-263-4910 or Twitter: @StephanieRit.
    looking at foot traffic for one weekend over another is just stupid.
    comparing the coming hunting season vs the last 5 or 10 makes more sense.
    although by then most people will have forgotten why they weren't using x store.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post

This is more than a little deceptive. Foot traffic is not intended to be a stand alone metric. We use it with total number of transactions to get a metric we call conversion. For example 500 people walk through the door, we have 250 purchases, that means we converted 50% of customers. Foot traffic for the dates indicated doesn't mean increased sales, at least not at my store. We had a lot people come in "to see if it was really true", cut up thier credit cards and loyalty cards (for an audience), and tell us what terrible human beings we were and that they would never shop there again. So foot traffic doesn't mean anything.

Now F&S and DSG have separate twitter accounts. When they announced that AR15S were being pulled the response on the Field and Stream page was a lot like it was here. The Dick's page however was full of soccer moms who don't know anything about guns praising Ed Stack for his heroism. So team green might have seen an uptick in sales I don't know.
    "An armed society is a polite society." - Robert Heinlein

(Allegheny County)

Isn't Dicks one fo the most expensive stores for ANYTHING? I mean they sell shorts for $40. I was in their for ammo and targets in Cranberry last time I was home and it was a good 30% more expensive than Field and Stream a mile away. I don't know how they stay in business at all. Not that I love Walmart, but they are also a mile away and sell most of the same things for a fraction of the price.. Dunhams sells the rest for a fraction of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    One more reason to hate Dick's. They didn't just pull their ARs, now they're destroying them. Might as well cut off their own balls to show what good cucks they are.

https://share.newsslide.com/ppg/stor...udeChrome=True

I'm on a phone, maybe someone else could please cut & paste from the article?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    Isn't Dicks one fo the most expensive stores for ANYTHING? I mean they sell shorts for $40. I was in their for ammo and targets in Cranberry last time I was home and it was a good 30% more expensive than Field and Stream a mile away. I don't know how they stay in business at all. Not that I love Walmart, but they are also a mile away and sell most of the same things for a fraction of the price.. Dunhams sells the rest for a fraction of the price.
    You do realize that Dicks == Field & Stream, right?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast