Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Virtue-signaling DICKS

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Is the reporter reading the comments about investors...

LINK

The new gun sales policy at Dick's Sporting Goods had backing from the Sisters of Mercy

Unfortunately, they seem to limit your ability to read more than two articles without a subscription and I had closed the tab I had open earlier, so I can't paste any text.

"Sisters of Mercy" are an investment group or something.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Honestly, while I hate to see good rifles destroyed for no good reason, I'm glad they're finally being honest about themselves and going all in on their stance, instead of doing the hypocritical double-talk and screwing over customers the way they have in the past.

Let it be known, no one should or will be able to give Dick's money for a rifle. If they want to side with the zero-morals anti-gun crowd, then do it. Don't pretend to be listening to them and then mark up prices on guns or shift them to your other brand stores to stay on both sides of the issue.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

It took some time for this self-righteous act to occur, so I question the motives behind it.

It's a business first - I don't see them destroying the rifles unless they had no way to recoup any money on their investment.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It took some time for this self-righteous act to occur, so I question the motives behind it.

It's a business first - I don't see them destroying the rifles unless they had no way to recoup any money on their investment.
    Tax write off as unsalable merchandise.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    Probably.
    I would have maybe bought the "we're taking the moral high ground" act if they did it immediately, but they were most certainly holding meetings to figure out how to proceed with their fiances as the number one focus.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

I don't think that there is a line on the tax form for unsalable merchandise but it would be a tax deduction as the inventory was bought at one price but sold for scrap at a much lower price. However, I would think that it should be an identified loss on their SEC filings.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    Sounds like tax fraud if they destroyed it themselves. Probably insurance fraud involved somewhere too.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Honestly, while I hate to see good rifles destroyed for no good reason, I'm glad they're finally being honest about themselves and going all in on their stance, instead of doing the hypocritical double-talk and screwing over customers the way they have in the past.

Let it be known, no one should or will be able to give Dick's money for a rifle. If they want to side with the zero-morals anti-gun crowd, then do it. Don't pretend to be listening to them and then mark up prices on guns or shift them to your other brand stores to stay on both sides of the issue.
    I know what you mean. I fell like we need a Sarah McLachlan commercial to help raise awareness of the abuse these innocent rifles are suffering at the hands of abusive owners.
    "An armed society is a polite society." - Robert Heinlein

(Washington County)

For the record it was almost 1200 rifles, new and used, ranging in price from $350 to $2000. We did some rough math and it works out to be about $1,000,000 worth of inventory. The electronic gun tracking system the company uses said they were destroyed at the various distribution centers the company has nation wide. Some had the comment "unsafe to fire" as reasoning. The method of destruction was not mentioned and I have never been to any of the DCs so I can't say exactly how, but I assume it was more than creating illegal SBRs like the YouTube democrats.
    "An armed society is a polite society." - Robert Heinlein

(Berks County)

I’m so disgusted I don’t even want to go there to shoplift anymore.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast