Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default John Lott - Nations Top 2A Researcher - Could Use Your Support

Do you recognize the name John R. Lott? You should. An economist who has also been a researcher at top universities, Lott is the president of the Crime Prevention Research Center. Most importantly, though, he is probably the one person most directly responsible for the ammunition you use to win arguments with gun-grabbers, left-wingers, and enemies of the Second Amendment. You might have caught him on Louder with Crowder the other night.

John R. Lott wrote the books "Freedomnomics," "More Guns, Less Crime," "The Bias Against Guns," and "The War on Guns: Arming Yourself Against Gun Control Lies." Gun owners are an educated bunch when it comes to the Second Amendment... but their data has to come from somewhere. I guarantee that if you've used statistics to refute the lies, illogic, and distortions presented by gun control advocates, you've used -- at least in part -- research John has helped bring to the war of ideas.

There's a reason that anti-gun politicians like Chuck Schumer, Andrew Cuomo, and Diane Feinstein -- not to mention their behind-the-scenes financial backers like billionaire investor Michael Bloomberg and George Soros -- spend hundreds of millions of dollars funding distorted "research" and agenda-driven statistics to push their worldview that guns are bad, guns can't help you defend yourself, and guns should be banned. If they can "prove" through their junk science and bogus numbers that guns cost more lives than they save, they believe they can persuade those voters still undecided on guns to side with the gun grabbers and their unconstitutional regulations. To fight back and preserve the Second Amendment, we NEED researchers like John R. Lott to keep working against this propaganda. To do that, he needs your help.

Did you know that John is funded ENTIRELY by people like us who value the right to self-defense? That's right: he is not backed by any lobbying organization or corporate sponsor. To continue doing the work he does -- and to keep helping US fight for our gun rights -- John depends on your support. Would you be willing to make a donation to help him keep fighting the anti-gunners, arming you with the information and unbiased statistics that help you shoot down their illogical arguments? If so, click this link. John will thank you... and so will gun owners everywhere.

john lott.jpg

(Northampton County)

Default Re: John Lott - Nations Top 2A Researcher - Could Use Your Support

Done.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

(Bucks County)

A little more information about what John faces every time he is on TV, radio, or print. A couple of months ago, the New York Times published an OpEd by John. Within 24 hours, Bloomberg had summoned his minions and 75,000 emails complaining about the oped hit the NYT.

All the anti's who put out bad information refused to debate him anymore as he makes fools of them. CNN wanted a debate with one of Bloomberg's people but they backed out when they heard they were going up against John.

He has a mind that recalls all numbers and research so he can back up his claims on the fly with accuracy.

Below is just one of the kinds of things that was published by liberal media after he appeared in the NYT like this sentence stating "credible research shows crime increases when more people legally carry guns." As we know they lie and lie and lie. And, people like Lott are attacked constantly by those lies in an effort to marginalize him and the research that supports our right of self-defense.

"In his Times op-ed, Lott also made the false claim that permissive laws allowing guns to be carried in public are a benefit to public safety. (Credible research indicates these laws actually increase violent crime, in particular aggravated assault.) "

(Allegheny County)

Like the NRA he is well hated - I walked out with him from a gun debate a few years ago late at night and he actually had a bodyguard - which is fine by me. He possesses a wonderful calm temperament which I am sure peeves his debaters. He carries himself well and speaks well also.

Done

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Like the NRA he is well hated - I walked out with him from a gun debate a few years ago late at night and he actually had a bodyguard - which is fine by me. He possesses a wonderful calm temperament which I am sure peeves his debaters. He carries himself well and speaks well also.
    I know him and having talked with him about the stuff he faces every day, I am amazed he keeps on doing what he does. He's not getting rich from it! And, the stuff Bloomberg and Soros people pull, makes me sick. For example, he used to be in the Los Angeles Times a lot. Then the anti's started harassing not just the editor but the published and board of directors. And, then they'd call the editor into explain why they get thousands of complaints about John and why is the editor allowing him a voice. Serious! So, the editor apologizes and says it isn't worth the heat I take when we use your information, etc.

They are trying to kill both the First and and Second Amendments.

Anyway, I know that all his funding comes from donations. He gets nothing from the industry as that would taint his research and he is all about the research being accurate and he is a man of high integrity. I told him I wanted to post this here and he was okay with me doing that.

If you can spare a few bucks to the research center, that would be a help. I know that after Trump was elected the number of monthly donations went way down. I guess people thought the Second was in good hands and we had nothing to fear. Time has shown that they anti's have doubled down instead.

(Montgomery County)

John Lott does excellent work and he is well worth supporting.
    It's a good idea to sign up for his information alerts also.
    https://crimeresearch.org/
    https://twitter.com/JohnRLottJr
    http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Done

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Done
    Thank you.

(Montgomery County)

Giving this a bump.
    Lott does good work and we need him.
    He could use all the help we can give him.
    Helping him is helping ourselves.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast