Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: April 9th Starts safety hearings on gun control!

I have emailed all.. got 1 mailed reply.. got a bunch of spam email replies "Thank you for writing Senator blah blah.. while I am concerned about your right I have my head up my ass and will do anything to get Soros money"
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

I'm working down this list, this is what I'm sending. Could be better, but it makes my point.

"In regards to the "gun safety" hearings this week, and the many bills up for discussion, I implore the state Representatives use a rational, measured approach vs irrational and emotional argument.

The CDC itself has shown that civilian gun ownership saves between 300000 and 3000000 lives per year. Even taking the low estimate, that's many more time lives saved as are taken with firearms.

I understand that shootings like Parkland are tragic, and we all want our children to be safe, but hamstringing law abiding citizens is not the answer.

The CDC study showed this. Things like "assault weapons bans" and magazine capacity bans do nothing except hinder everyday innocent people.

If you look at the AWB of 94, and other such proposed legislation, they don't actually ban the firearm at all. They ban components such as telescoping stocks, pistol grips, bayonet lugs, and flash hiders. None of that changes the actual function of the rifle, and none of it enhances it to be more deadly. Look at NY, California, Ct, for example. You can still get "assault weapons" there so long as they meet the prescribed configurations.

What sense does that make?

As far as magazine restrictions, fact, the Parkland shooter used 10 round magazines because standard capacity magazines (30 rounds) didn't fit in his bag.

There is no scientific evidence to show that 10 vs 30 round magazines enhance public safety. 10 rounds is purely arbitrary.

My argument today is that when you consider infringing on the rights of the People, it should be based on good science and data, and the science and data doesn't support proposed infringements.

From the FBI's own compiled data, rifles of all types are used in very few crimes every year.

There's anywhere between 10-15 million AR style weapons in the hands of law abiding civilians, why should they be made to suffer due to the actions of an insane few?

We are the majority. We, law abiding citizens, are the majority of people with guns. We aren't out shooting anyone, we are responsible, trained, practice good safety, good storage, and follow our laws.

Studies show that permit holders are among the most law abiding people in the nation.

Why should we be made to suffer bad legislation which is based on emotion, vs science and data?

On top of the US Constitution Second Amendment, PA's state Constitution is even more stringently worded;

Article 1 section 21 of the PA Constitution:

"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

In that light, I ask you to kill all of the proposed legislation as none of it enhances public safety, but it surely violates not only the US Constitution, but the PA Constitution as well.

Respectfully,

Justin"
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Done with chairs and majority. I have to get back to work but will hit minority later.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Montgomery County)

I did my email and phone calls today I am surprised this thread hasn't blown up anyone else do this?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 31ST MEUSOC View Post
    I did my email and phone calls today I am surprised this thread hasn't blown up anyone else do this?
    This is how the Anti's get stuff done... they may be ill-guided in their approach, but they show up... and they call... email... blow up Facebook... call their friends... send out group texts.

Complacency kills.

Tic........Toc........Tic........Toc

(Allegheny County)

Emails sent.

(Montgomery County)

I just Re emailed everyone again to be that way lol!

(Montgomery County)

I am going to take this to other gun boards maybe that will get other PA guys in this I suggest everyone do the same it's time for a fire mission of emails this is to quiet not even the news has covered it which surprises me and brings me to think that this will be a "Look everyone in a bipartisanship spirit PA has adopted gun control no new put chase age of 21 , ban on high cap mags,bump stock ban, AWB ban and ammo background checks" This seems how they been doing this keep it quiet secret vote once done what can you do its done Republicans move on and if you don't vote for them we lose all weapons dirty bastards!

(Lehigh County)

Link to today's hearings: http://www.pahousegop.com/58.aspx
    Go watch when you have the time.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast